Quantcast

How much do I miss CA?

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Enough to build a bike to leave there! I'm sure -BB- won't mind.

Finally have guy working for us in SoCal which means I’ll be taking more trips out there, so I decided to build up a little ‘do it all” bike. Originally it was going to be a street rig, but with the new hire – off to the OC! Probably swap out the tires, but maybe not… we do a lot of riding to bars after rides.

Frame: Soul Cycles Icon (all mtn hardtail)
Wheels: Saint hubs on Rhyno Lites rims
Fork: Pike 426
Handlbar & Stem: Blackspire
Grips: ODI
Seat: Azonic
Seatpost: Thompson
Brakes: Saint calipers with XT Levers
Derailers: Saint
Cranks: Race face DH
Tires: maxis Holy Roller
Pedals: Crank Bro’s Mallet
Flask: Who cares… there is good Tequila in it.

Puppy approves:

Now…Which Tequila?

The Fleet:

Time for a beer… and to clean up my work space.

Last edited:

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Looks like a fun bike for San Juan Trail...enjoy!

Get it down to Noble Canyon in San Diego county if you get a chance. And up to Pasadena to shuttle Mt Wilson. I wish I could get back to SoCal for the occasional ride.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
whoever designed those stickers for the bike needs to be relieved of their eyesight.

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
sweet ride slugman ! if your looking for peeps to ride with your always welcome to come ride with me and dirtymike.

pumpkinator

Monkey
Dec 4, 2008
Enough to build a bike to leave there! I'm sure -BB- won't mind.

Finally have guy working for us in SoCal which means I’ll be taking more trips out there, so I decided to build up a little ‘do it all” bike. Originally it was going to be a street rig, but with the new hire – off to the OC! Probably swap out the tires, but maybe not… we do a lot of riding to bars after rides.

Frame: Soul Cycles Icon (all mtn hardtail)
Wheels: Saint hubs on Rhyno Lites rims
Fork: Pike 426
Handlbar & Stem: Blackspire
Grips: ODI
Seat: Azonic
Seatpost: Thompson
Brakes: Saint calipers with XT Levers
Derailers: Saint
Cranks: Race face DH
Tires: maxis Holy Roller
Pedals: Crank Bro’s Mallet
Flask: Who cares… there is good Tequila in it.

Puppy approves:

Now…Which Tequila?

The Fleet:

Time for a beer… and to clean up my work space.
mucho kudos to you slugman. well, at least on the bike side of thing as i don't drink rarely at all ever any longer. sweet ride!

pumpkinator

Monkey
Dec 4, 2008
and btw, my dog will lick and jump all over and sniff your dogs butt until your dog keeled over because it (he/she?) just couldn't take it any more, kinda like how the majority of teamsmackers and other fine, upright and outstanding chickenheads do to me. :cheers:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Nice bike Slugman - wow your puppy is all grown up now and is a big boy eh?

Did you lower the travel a bit on the Pike?

Also - what's up with the fork/crown race/headset cup interface in this pic?

Last edited:

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Also - what's up with the fork/crown race/headset cup interface in this pic?
Couldn't get it to fully seat, but I wanted to mock it up to see how it looked. No riding on it yet... hell the centerlock rotors are only on finger tight!

It's not 100% done... 98%. I don't want to F' it up, so gonna bring it into a shop and take care of the race, tighten rotors, and generally just have them double check my work.

I drink a lot when I work on my bikes... which anyone that has ever ridden with me can tell you has bitten me on the ass out on the trail!!! My favorite was loosing a caliper mounting bolt while riding in Bootleg... and not remembering that it was missing until I was coming down National. :bonk:

Yeah - Pup is up to 60lbs!!! unfortunately he has bad hips so I don't get my trail dog...

Last edited:

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
This is very convenient considering I just found a great DJ spot about 1/4mi from my house. I swear, the front wheel was taco'd when you gave it to me!!

Hatfield

Chimp
May 31, 2007
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
That looks like a nice bike to leave outside of Wings and not worry that someone will steal it. One good looking XC bike. Don't forget to stuff a sock in your spandex to give you a bigger look:banana:

Oh, I hear your storage garage in OC may trade your bike form some rare coral. Watch out for that guy. He is crazy for coral.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
That looks like a nice bike to leave outside of Wings and not worry that someone will steal it. One good looking XC bike. Don't forget to stuff a sock in your spandex to give you a bigger look:banana:

Oh, I hear your storage garage in OC may trade your bike form some rare coral. Watch out for that guy. He is crazy for coral.
LOL - I do not own any Spandex like you XC boys... well OK, maybe one pair!

And I trust this guy to watch my bike:

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
OK.. meant to get bike fixed and then go ride with Stinky. Was running late so I threw bike in truck and went drinking with him.

THEN... I took the bike to the shop. Race fixed. Was advised to use my other FR Der

So bike is ready!

Wait... damnit - forgot about rotors. Shouldn't have gone drinking with Stinky! :bonk:

Benderoneous

Chimp
Oct 30, 2010
"I drink a lot when I work on my bikes... which anyone that has ever ridden with me can tell you has bitten me on the ass out on the trail!!! My favorite was loosing a caliper mounting bolt while riding in Bootleg... and not remembering that it was missing until I was coming down National. :bonk:"

Yeah I remember that. BTW I now carry extra brake parts in my pack for just that reason :-D

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
Beech Mtn Definitely NOT Boulder
"I drink a lot when I work on my bikes... which anyone that has ever ridden with me can tell you has bitten me on the ass out on the trail!!! My favorite was loosing a caliper mounting bolt while riding in Bootleg... and not remembering that it was missing until I was coming down National. :bonk:"

Yeah I remember that. BTW I now carry extra brake parts in my pack for just that reason :-D
...........lol wut? Does this make sense at all?:confused: