Quantcast

How much would you pay to see the Beasties in Amsterdam?

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
They are going to be at the Heinekin Arena the day after we arrive but I can only find tix through on-line ticket brokers for no less than $75 a piece. Face value of the tix are around $40.

I hate to give theese fukers my $$$ but seeing the Beaties in Amsterdam might be worth it. :think:

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
TN said:
They are going to be at the Heinekin Arena the day after we arrive but I can only find tix through on-line ticket brokers for no less than $75 a piece. Face value of the tix are around $40.

I hate to give theese fukers my $$$ but seeing the Beaties in Amsterdam might be worth it. :think:
Well I have a shirt for you to wear if you'd like it...I hate to toss it, but some friends of mine went to Amsterdam and they got me this mens tshirt...it's black and it has the adidas symbol, but it's a devil's weed leaf...I can't wear those boys shirts...it's a M, and it's brand new FROM Amsterdam, and if you want it, it's yours. PM me an address and I'll mail it.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
SkaredShtles said:
Naw - spend your $150 in the Red Light District. Or at one of those "special" cafes....... :thumb:

-S.S.-

oh,we already have plenty of money set aside for that. just wondering if we should scrape together 150 more to see the beastie boys.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
If I went to Amsterdam I would never get out of the coffeshops. But that's just me. Heh heh. Seriously though, if it's a band I really like I would pay the cashish for the tickets. Think of it as a vacation expense.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
save your money for the drugs that you will be taking. im sure the memories will last a lifetime.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i'd do it if you like the band enough. seeing shows in a different place is fun.

and $75 ain't that bad, really. that's 60 euro. i found that shows in general over in ireland were very expensive. radiohead was 50 euros for crappy tickets, and even club shows were 25-30 euros (for shows that would be $15 to $20 here in the US).

J

JRB

$412 - so I think it's a bargain. I say get LL to hook you up with some shrooms and you and Laura can get busy in the crowd. $75 and you get the drug induced Amsterdam experience while seeing the Beasties. My consulting fee is one beer if I make it to AR.

hev

Chimp
May 18, 2004
somewhere near the apex
I don't think 75 is that bad. prince and madonna have been charging that price in the states and selling out shows no problem. besides IMO you really want to set up some activities for yourself why your in the 'dam...otherwise you will just sit in coffee shops and that inevitably gets kinda old. infact the novelty wares off fairly quickly I thought...

another don't miss in Amsterdam is the Supper Club. Trust me! you have to make reservations but it's totally worth it.

http://www.supperclub.nl/open/eng_index.html

very smoker friendly :thumb:

J

JRB

Please don't put Prince and Madonna in the same paragraph as the Beasties unless it a sentence reads like this. :nope:

Back in the 80s there were class acts like the Beasties, and then there were Prince, Madonna, and Michael Jackson.

BigHitExpert

Chimp
Jul 6, 2004
NORTH SHORE
hmmm what day is the concert? i'm flying out to amsterdam tomorrow and would love to see the beasties again... just saw them a few weeks ago here in vancouver... they came up and rocked our section in the nosebleeds... even got a high 5 from MCA :D

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
for the cost of the two tix we could stay for another nite....I am gonna have to think about this one for a while. :think:

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
BurlySurly said:
save your money for the drugs that you will be taking. im sure the memories will last a lifetime.

uhhhh....:think:...what were we talking about??? :confused: