Quantcast

How old are you?

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
It's a fiction novel right?

Some aspects of mtb history are murky. Some are not. Argue all you want about who "invented" the mountain bike (as if that's provable), but there is no question that Charlie here was a big part of the beginning of the sport.

I'll buy that book for sure.

Ride Monzie

Monkey
Jan 4, 2013
Killafornia
Some aspects of mtb history are murky. Some are not. Argue all you want about who "invented" the mountain bike (as if that's provable), but there is no question that Charlie here was a big part of the beginning of the sport.

I'll buy that book for sure.
Ditto. Dude is one of the only reasons the only reason I'm alive exists. So, via transitive property, I owe Charlie my life. A debt I'll never be able to repay.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
In 1990 I started doing two things that have both changed my life and brought me many rewarding experiences. And one of them I have you and your crew to thank for it.

Recently I was accused of wanting to ride my bike more than making jewelry. All I could think of is, " your fat ass will just never understand."

Ride fast, take chances !

Trail Ninja

Monkey
Jan 4, 2013
Vancouver Island
If you're 55 now, you were a kid in the '60s when you built your trails. Is there a kid with woods nearby who DIDN'T build trails?

I've been moving pianos for 35 years, and 55 is not the age I started at. Stick with the bikes. You already know how to ride one.
Never too old to learn something new. This week I started building a trail (pumptrack) using a backhoe & a plate compactor. I've never used either before. Good thing it's a pumptrack. I made a mess learning how to work the backhoe.
I had the opportunity this summer to ride the very first trail I built (46 years ago). It is now part of a regional mountain bike park and is a tourist draw for the local community. Since then, I've hand-built over 50 miles of singletrack all over Canada.
You're right though, I'll leave the pianos to you. I doubt if they are as easy to move as road cases.:thumb:

Let us know when the book comes out. I've been following your story for years & I'd buy it.