Quantcast

How to deal w/ a barking dog...

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I engaged his boss, who is a freind of mine, and a very large and intimidating individual (Mr Clean look-a-like...) who asured me that I will have no more problems. (Remember we are military and live in base housing...) Nothing for the past week or so...

Stay tuned kiddies!

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Dog is behaving, somewhat, owner still a douchenozzle. Dog is rarely, if ever inside, but I think as it has aged it has mellowed or barked itself hoarse. It was barking at 1130 the other night, I started calling @ 1010. Cops came by, could not find dude (He apparently was in Bakersfield visiting family.), so I called my partner who works with dude and watches the house now and again. He says "I already let that mutt in..." I says "I am in my yard, watching it run and bark in his yard" he says "Hold on, I will be right there..." He shows up in 5-10, already having taken his Ambien (And prolly 14 or 15 Miller Lites...) and goes over to let muttly in. Turns out the dog has figured out how to open the sliding door...so we tied and duct taped it shut. I hope it crapped all over the house...wife says dude is divorcing, so we wont have that much longer to deal w/ the dog. Now we are begining the hot part of the summmer, so I have put our animal control guy on notice. If the dog has no water or shelter they will pick it up and get it where it has some.
I feel for that animal, would like to kill the owner.

Mr Jones

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2007
Everytime I go to my sisters house, her little yippie chihuahua peking sh!t mix won't stop barking even though it sees me at least 2x a week. I bought this last month and keep it in my backpack while I'm there. Works great. My sister even asked why the dog barks at everyone else except me... I just smile quietly. Doesn't seem to work outside though.

bark controller

hope douchenozzle mans up and takes care of his dog before animal control does.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Damn thing is barking right now...chased (via the annoyance factor...) the frau and I (Along with our wine...) in off the patio. I hate people...

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
After many months of relative silence, the dog woke me up this morning. If it wasnt my last day in this house (And I have a schmittload of work to do...) I would be mad.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
get a bark collar, for the owner
That is about what I was going to say, but not for the owner obviously. Get one for the dang dog. I use one with my dog and it works great. I don't even need to turn it on any more. As long as she is wearing it she won't bark.

I have the shock kind and before anyone gets all up in arms about it, I tried it on myself before I put it on my pooch. Mild shock, very startling, but certainly not agonizing pain or anything.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
That is about what I was going to say, but not for the owner obviously. Get one for the dang dog. I use one with my dog and it works great. I don't even need to turn it on any more. As long as she is wearing it she won't bark.

I have the shock kind and before anyone gets all up in arms about it, I tried it on myself before I put it on my pooch. Mild shock, very startling, but certainly not agonizing pain or anything.
I agree, we have 3 hunting dogs, they bark at anything, especially butterflies and moths, we keep the collars on when they need to be quiet, works great

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Not that it matters at this point but would it not leave the yard? I'd have cut or hacked a 3:00am escape hatch in the neighbor's fence for the dog ages ago. Complaining only gives the coppers a prime suspect if anything untoward happens relative to the situation. Of course, base housing should not be "vandalized" so I'd have never posted this thread, either. My next-door neighbors have two hyperactive young yappers now who set each other off and sometimes annoy me when I'm out back grilling but at least they don't leave them outside during quiet hours.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

What's really fun is turning them all the way up and putting them onto your drunk friends who have passed out. It's freaking hilarious when they start making drunken noises, because the shock makes them yell more. :eek::rofl::rofl: