Quantcast

How to hide your phone number when calling from your office phone?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Normally, I dial 9 then the number to call outside calls. But I have to call some psycho about a bike sale, and I tried *67, 9 or 9, *67 and neither worked.

Anyone know how to do this?

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
sanjuro said:
Normally, I dial 9 then the number to call outside calls. But I have to call some psycho about a bike sale, and I tried *67, 9 or 9, *67 and neither worked.

Anyone know how to do this?
Depends on your PBX, but mostl likely you can't.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
*67, 9 won't work because you need to be on an outside line in order to use *67.

I have no idea why 9, *67 won't work, though. How do you know it doesn't work? You aren't calling inside your own bike shop to test it, are you? Because that might cause something funny with the *67, like computer data routing inside its own network acts differently, even if the connection initially went outside the network (i.e. to an external IP) and came back in.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
binary visions said:
*67, 9 won't work because you need to be on an outside line in order to use *67.

I have no idea why 9, *67 won't work, though. How do you know it doesn't work? You aren't calling inside your own bike shop to test it, are you? Because that might cause something funny with the *67, like computer data routing inside its own network acts differently, even if the connection initially went outside the network (i.e. to an external IP) and came back in.
I did try 9, *67; no luck of course. This is not my shop, but rather my big office phone system, and I wasn't even able to find a manual on how to program the buttons.

mogulskr

Monkey
Aug 28, 2002
NH
More often then not on a office phone system your personal number won't be displayed. Usually the trunking number will come up, have you checked to see if you number shows up on outside lines?

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
It depends on your PABX or whatever calling system you have in place. Some will do it, others won't. Actually most will but it has to be enabled.