Quantcast

How would this bike work for 4X?

Fulton

Monkey
Nov 9, 2001
Originally posted by Frankenschwinn
I am looking to do a 4x race at angelfire and I wanted some opinions on this bike as a 4x racer?

99 Heckler 4"
01 Marz z1 mcr 5"
don't know anything about angelfire, but it should be an ok bike. Might be a little tall, but no reason you couldn't be competitive on it.

Feb 20, 2004
Oklahoma
Originally posted by Fulton
don't know anything about angelfire, but it should be an ok bike. Might be a little tall, but no reason you couldn't be competitive on it.
I was kind of wondering about the height...

YETI187

Chimp
Nov 28, 2003
i'm a MAsshole!!!
i'm not sure about the geometry, but the mere fact that it stands itself up right has gotta count toward something, maybe it just floats so you'll never crash

yes... i noticed the branch holding it up, but i'm tired, bored, and easily entertained:D

dromond

Monkey
Aug 20, 2002
Northampton, MA
Originally posted by toughguymagee
It all basically depends on how comfortable you are on the bike. If you ride this bike all of the time, can jump it and feel good on it, all should be well. Go ride, have fun and do your best.
Indeed. Go ride it and find out.

Rik

Turbo Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
Sydney, Australia
Put a 24" rear wheel in it to lower the rear end a bit? I would try that if if were mine... but I'm sure it won't hold you back if you race it as-is.

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
I used to race a Superlight for Slalom and it was nice. I think you will be AOK!

dw