Quantcast

How'bout Now ?

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Another open caring man of the cloth

http://www.thewrap.com/orlando-shooting-homophobic-pastor-sacramento/

“I’m kind of upset he didn’t finish the job — because these people are predators,” Roger Jimenez says

A homophobic pastor in Sacramento praised the Orlando terror attack that killed 49 people, saying during a sermon, “They deserve what they got.”

Pastor Roger Jimenez’s sermon from Verity Baptist Church was posted to YouTube the day after the tragedy, as first reported byKHOU in Houston. The video has since been removed. In the video, he told his congregation that the gay victims of the deadliest mass shooting in U.S. history are pedophiles.

“Are you sad that 50 pedophiles were killed today?” asked Jimenez. “Um, no, I think that’s great. I think that helps society. I think Orlando, Florida, is a little safer tonight. The tragedy is that more of them didn’t die. The tragedy is I’m kind of upset he didn’t finish the job, because these people are predators. They are abusers.”

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
and when someone wants to kill someone bad enough...they will.

Yeah fuck it. Might as well keep handing out the tools that make it easy to do so.

I mean shit, I certainly haven't noticed more of these since the assault weapons ban ended. Certainly not one model and its variants being cited over and over and over again.

You?

Just for I h8rice: "clip"

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Yeah fuck it. Might as well keep handing out the tools that make it easy to do so.

I mean shit, I certainly haven't noticed more of these since the assault weapons ban ended. Certainly not one model and its variants being cited over and over and over again.

You?

go ahead...ban them.

it will still happen.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Another open caring man of the cloth

http://www.thewrap.com/orlando-shooting-homophobic-pastor-sacramento/

“I’m kind of upset he didn’t finish the job — because these people are predators,” Roger Jimenez says

A homophobic pastor in Sacramento praised the Orlando terror attack that killed 49 people, saying during a sermon, “They deserve what they got.”

Pastor Roger Jimenez’s sermon from Verity Baptist Church was posted to YouTube the day after the tragedy, as first reported byKHOU in Houston. The video has since been removed. In the video, he told his congregation that the gay victims of the deadliest mass shooting in U.S. history are pedophiles.

“Are you sad that 50 pedophiles were killed today?” asked Jimenez. “Um, no, I think that’s great. I think that helps society. I think Orlando, Florida, is a little safer tonight. The tragedy is that more of them didn’t die. The tragedy is I’m kind of upset he didn’t finish the job, because these people are predators. They are abusers.”

Trump's VP pick ?

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006

You?

If the NRA were an organization of plumbers and your basement was flooding, their solution would be to run hoses into it and turn on more water. Of course most home owners would see this as insane advise. Too bad a lot of Americans fail to see the same flawed logic applied towards military grade weaponry being widely available to the general public.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
go ahead...ban them.

it will still happen.

I know nuance ain't your strong suit but where did I ever say banning AR15s as a singular move would stop all mass shootins?

Hint: I didn't

What I did say is the relative ease of acquiring them has changed the landscape. And if you weren't born in the 90s with your head up your ass, you should have noticed.

Like I've said many times. Those things are everywhere now and it's been behind a cultural shift of acceptance of things made for killing organisms. It's one piece of a puzzle.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
If the NRA were a organization of plumbers and your basement was flooding, their solution would be to run hoses into it and turn on more water. Of course most home owners would see this as insane advise. Too bad a lot of Americans fail to see the same flawed logic applied towards military grade weaponry being widely available to the general public.

Well to be fair, moar water displaces present water to some degree.

It really makes perfect sense.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
I think pretty much every argument is on the table by now. And people who still dont get it are just too fucking thick and deserve all of this fucking bullshit.
Im sorry for the other half of the us population. For a nation that prides itself so much for its democracy youre getting fucked over pretty bad.
But im out of this discussion now, you just cant argue with stupid and I think youre really just gonna have to shove gun regulation down these idiots throats.

And bring on the neg rep for calling some of you idiots. I couldnt care any fucking less because thats exactly what you are and its time you get with the program like the rest of the civilised world.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I think pretty much every argument is on the table by now. And people who still dont get it are just too fucking thick and deserve all of this fucking bullshit.
Im sorry for the other half of the us population. For a nation that prides itself so much for its democracy youre getting fucked over pretty bad.
But im out of this discussion now, you just cant argue with stupid and I think youre really just gonna have to shove gun regulation down these idiots throats.

And bring on the neg rep for calling some of you idiots. I couldnt care any fucking less because thats exactly what you are and its time you get with the program like the rest of the civilised world.
kevin...if everyone who owned a gun blew their face off cleaning it tomorrow....i would dance in the streets...rm members excluded..

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
I realise most of you have enough common sense, thats why my post isnt for most of you.
But when 50 are killed by one moron with a gun and people ask for stricter gun laws, and people object because "second amendment" and "guns are the same as downhill bikes", my bullshit allergy starts playing up and its hard to keep my pie hole shut.

And and and, i think thats it. :D

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
When I read or hear anything about gun control being a mental health issue I have to agree. I seriously question the mental health of anyone who wants military grade weapons and high capacity magazines, clips, or whatever they're called, when those same tools are used to murder civilians wholesale.

In the days following any mass shooting, sales of the model of gun used go through the roof. That to is not only alarming, but sickening. To cling to the very thing that ends so many innocent lives with exceptional efficiency as though it were a physical part of your person is beyond comprehension for me.

I find it infuriating that gun nuts value their right to be armed to the teeth over the lives of others, including children. What is happening in this country is absolute insanity and as @Kevin and others have pointed out, this an anomaly unique unto the US.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
When I read or hear anything about gun control being a mental health issue I have to agree. I seriously question the mental health of anyone who wants military grade weapons and high capacity magazines, clips, or whatever they're called, when those same tools are used to murder civilians wholesale.

In the days following any mass shooting, sales of the model of gun used go through the roof. That to is not only alarming, but sickening. To cling to the very thing that ends so many innocent lives with exceptional efficiency as though it were a physical part of your person is beyond comprehension for me.

I find it infuriating that gun nuts value their right to be armed to the teeth over the lives of others, including children. What is happening in this country is absolute insanity and as @Kevin and others have pointed out, this an anomaly unique unto the US.
:stupid:

Every time I try to debate this, I ask one question: What possible civilian application does an AR-15 serve?
-Pistol for personal protection? Sure, if you need it.
-Shotgun for home defense? It is the best tool for that job, so sure if you feel you need it.
-30 rounds of 5.56 or worse yet .308 are needed for what? In the event the home invaders are wearing full armor and are in a group of 10 or more?

Seriously, there is no place for a weapon like that EXCEPT for killing large groups of people quickly and with accuracy.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Seriously, there is no place for a weapon like that EXCEPT for killing large groups of people quickly and with accuracy.
while i haven't shot an AR-15, i have shot other sorta similar things that have no REAL legitimate use (like my buddy's 50 cal) - they are just plain fun to shoot. anyone trying to claim anything else is just full of shit.

straight up - ALL firearms are just truly for the purpose of killing. that's why the fucking things were invented, to kill quickly, efficiently, and from long range. sure, they're commonly used for hunting, but that's just killing for food. sure, you can use them "recreationally" for target practice (which when you get down to the nitty gritty, is just pretending to kill)

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
stupid.jpg

I have to share this meme that's floating around on FB just to show how stupid people are.

We DID blame the planes. We found that the cockpit door was a weakness, so we required reinforced cockpit doors to be installed. We also put code-key locks on many of them and other safety measures to make sure only the qualified people can get into the cockpit. Many other things were done too, like significantly increased background checks for pilots, vetting of student pilots by the TSA, and so on. Just goes to show how dumb people really are. Ok, yeah, lets do like your meme, lets install technology on the guns to make sure ONLY the gun owner can fire it, lets increase the background checks and lets make you train like a pilot or anyone else and qualify so you can own your weapon. Dooooshes.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Oh come on. That airplane was designed for transportation and was used for a completely different purpose.

High capacity firearms are designed for changing the subject from your small penis, decoration in freedom marches, and dope ass selfies on instagram. When someone shoots something or someone with one, that is NOT how it was intended to be used.

I'm with the overly simplistic internet meme on this one. Exactly the same things. The parallels are astronomical.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
CBS reporter commits felony while trying to prove a point.

Gun store snitch.

"The law is very clear. When you knowingly attempt to purchase a firearm with the intent of giving it to another person, you are trying to bypass the legal pathway to firearms ownership. This, in itself, is a very serious crime. I do not see how any member of the press can get away with potentially committing a felony just to boost their ratings and mislead the general public," SpecDive owner Jerry Rapp told The Washington Free Beacon. A CBS spokesperson has maintained that the purchase was legal.