Quantcast

How's the 2001 Norco 250cc for dirtjumping?

GspotRider

Chimp
Sep 7, 2001
Burnaby, BC, Canada
What's your take on this bike and frame. I notice that the 2002 version of the 250 is chromoly. Is the RAD frame not holding up?

How's the bike for balance and manuverability for jumping and learning tricks. I am hoping to use it for learning trials moves and general skill builder as well as dirt jumping.

G

gravity

i think the bike is strong enough..... never heard of a broken one. don't know about stability, but they are apparently very manouevrable cos they have a short wheelbase. and i think the '02 version is cr-mo cos its cheaper. the complete bike is barely half the price of the '01 version.

M

M.W.

My friend has one (a '01), and though I haven't jumped it, it rides pretty nice. Feels REALLY flickable, and his is the 16" one. He's got dual 26" wheels on his, and it feels perfect. I'm really impressed with it.

GspotRider

Chimp
Sep 7, 2001
Burnaby, BC, Canada
Originally posted by M.W.
My friend has one (a '01), and though I haven't jumped it, it rides pretty nice. Feels REALLY flickable, and his is the 16" one. He's got dual 26" wheels on his, and it feels perfect. I'm really impressed with it.
Mark, I almost bought a used one. It had 24" front and rear. It was really cool. The problem was it was the larger frame size. It felt too long and I really wanted to get hardtail that was more versatile. Very tempted though.

Don't think I would ever really dirtjump on a regular basis....atleast not yet. Perhaps in a few years, I might have enough money to buy an acreage and build some jumps for us bike crazies! That would be nice.

M

M.W.

Originally posted by GspotRider

Mark, I almost bought a used one. It had 24" front and rear. It was really cool. The problem was it was the larger frame size. It felt too long and I really wanted to get hardtail that was more versatile. Very tempted though.

Don't think I would ever really dirtjump on a regular basis....atleast not yet. Perhaps in a few years, I might have enough money to buy an acreage and build some jumps for us bike crazies! That would be nice.
If that ever happens and you need someone to be a worker-digger monkey, I'm in.

Apparently they're doing a city-sanctioned dirt park in North Van...

G

gravity

we have a council-approved DJ park near here...... they keep bulldozing unauthorised ones.