Quantcast

How's Vail this year?

fireman

Monkey
Jan 28, 2004
Boulder, CO
I'm trying to decide where to ride tomorrow keystone, vail or sol vista. Last year vail had a bunch of stuff closed and it looks like this might be the case this year as well. Anybody been there this year that can shead some light on this?
Thanks

Bikerpunk241

Monkey
Sep 28, 2001
I'd limit your choices to either Keystone or Sol Vista Zak, Vail has been shutting down trails, not so cool. Word is that Swentz is doing a sweet job up at Sol Vista, and Keystone, seemed like they had been putting a lot of effort out there to get more stuff up. Are you racing this year? Hows the Iron Pony?

fireman

Monkey
Jan 28, 2004
Boulder, CO
I ended up going to Sol Vista on Sat so I could go to crankworx after. I was impressed, Steve has done a very good job with the trails there. Then today I rode Vail (I spent the night there and had a time to kill until 2). It was the same as it was last year, only one run Magic forest to old nine line to main lane. It was pretty fun there is just something that I really like about that run. I probably wouldn't go there again this year but it was a good time if your looking for something other than Keystone.

Mike, the Sunday is good. It's really low which is taking a bit of getting used to. The boxxer started leaking oil out of the top cap on the compression/rebound side. Have you had that happen before? What wt. oil was in there? I'm planing on racing this year but only made it to Nathrop so far this year.