Quantcast

HRM Question - s710

BigJV

Chimp
May 22, 2002
Does anyone have any experience with Polar s710 heart rate monitor? I read only good reviews of it, yet every good review also states several things that don't work great. Particularly with the cyclo functions and the fork sensor/magnet being a pain, needing to be really close to the watch monitor at all times, sticking out funny from the fork and being hard to get it mounted without lots of zip-ties and tape.

How about Vetta V100HR. This looks good and is cheaper, but doesn't download to computer which seems kind of neat.

Ideas?

dowend

Chimp
Feb 25, 2002
Boulder, Colorado
I've got one. Works really well. The sensors are a little bit big, but mine haven't seemed to be super sensitive to distance. They ziptie on really easily. Haven't had a problem with mounting at all. You'll need to mount the watch to the handlebar, because it need to be a certain distance from the sensor. It's pretty easy to use and has some really good functions if your using it for training. I'm thinking about getting the power sensor for my road rig. PM me if you've got any specific questions. :cool: