Quantcast

%$#@ Hungover Monday GTM !@#$

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
What should have turned into a relaxed evening on the couch watching some mountain bike racing turned into a lot of drinking as the bar in the building had its 5 year birthday party. Tons of fun and good drinks but I have better days at work. The price of freedom :-0

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello and Monday. I'm fockin' tired, man. I slept plenty and slept fine...I just feel beat to hell from all that running and biking over the weekend. I'd complain about having to work today, but sitting on my ass at my desk for 8 hours doesn't sound all that bad.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Hello and Monday. I'm fockin' tired, man. I slept plenty and slept fine...I just feel beat to hell from all that running and biking over the weekend. I'd complain about having to work today, but sitting on my ass at my desk for 8 hours doesn't sound all that bad.
x2 My glutes are sore from all the pedaling this weekend, driving the short bus should be doable

another day in the 90s is forecast, I think I will top up the AC Refrigerant on the bus before leaving the yard

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Sat down at my desk this AM and felt something crawling on my leg. It was a little Tick friend wanting to suck my blood. Now he is dead.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Back in Canada after 4 days of balls to the wall fast riding at Raystown Lake in PA. My legs are absolutely cooked.

Thoughts from the weekend... First, Sram Guide brakes suck. Granted the demo bikes were probably a little tired, but every bike I tried out had them and none were confidence inspiring. Same goes for the Reverb post. Tons and tons of people at the festival, but the trails were actually not that crowded. We only got passed or had to pass people on a handful of occasions. It seemed that most people were just hanging out at the intersections or down in the demo area.

I demo'd the Yeti SB5.5, Transition Scout, Transition Smuggler and Santa Cruz 5010. The Yeti felt way too squishy and generally wasn't as playful on those trails but I can see how it would probably gobble up rocks and chunk. The Smuggler was good, but wasn't as fun at the next two. The Scout and 5010 were pretty much equal; both were very fun and took them out for a second go yesterday. I do think I liked the Scout just a tad more though and might even consider it as the next frame, whenever that time comes. The 5010 had an Ardent Race tire on the back, and while it didn't kill me, that tire made some hilariously scary sounds trying to hang on around some of the fast scooping turns.

As far as the trails out in Raystown, hell yeah they were awesome. Nothing in terms of roots or tech, maybe a few rocks here and there, but generally just fast fast and MOAR fast. I would definitely go again. The climb up the road from our camping spot was a righteous kick in the balls though. @slyfink, the trails are easy enough for kids too. We saw some little guys ripping out there (and got passed by some :D). Osprey was my favourite trail. Our last venture down it was at mach chicken on that Transition, the dork logger says we were maintaining 50kph on it.

Also the spiders down there are way too big for this guy. Fuck that shit. Found some on my tent while packing up that were the size of my palm.

Going out for an easy ride on wet dirt now.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin! :wave:

Finally getting my windshield replaced this afternoon. This is a good thing; the cracks have multiplied and are joining now.

Spent all weekend working on the godforsaken trailer. I'm at the golden point in the project where the end is near yet I have little motivation to get there. Gonna have to suck it up however as the intent is to take it out to Fruita this weekend to act as MTB base camp.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Took a random vacation day. Off to the Children's Museum in an hour or two. I did the math and a membership will pay off after the 2nd visit assuming 1 or 2 grandparents along given the tax deduction, so that's what I'll do. :nerd:

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Yo. BMXican Friday night - didn't have it but hung in there with old dudes. Sat = haus werk, some job like werk then out to eat & Guardians II with kid. Had to explain what a "turd" is, and after that he couldn't stop laughing. Sun = dirt jumps with kid & BMX bud with his daughter. Good times.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Back in Canada after 4 days of balls to the wall fast riding at Raystown Lake in PA. My legs are absolutely cooked.

Thoughts from the weekend... First, Sram Guide brakes suck. Granted the demo bikes were probably a little tired, but every bike I tried out had them and none were confidence inspiring. Same goes for the Reverb post. Tons and tons of people at the festival, but the trails were actually not that crowded. We only got passed or had to pass people on a handful of occasions. It seemed that most people were just hanging out at the intersections or down in the demo area.

I demo'd the Yeti SB5.5, Transition Scout, Transition Smuggler and Santa Cruz 5010. The Yeti felt way too squishy and generally wasn't as playful on those trails but I can see how it would probably gobble up rocks and chunk. The Smuggler was good, but wasn't as fun at the next two. The Scout and 5010 were pretty much equal; both were very fun and took them out for a second go yesterday. I do think I liked the Scout just a tad more though and might even consider it as the next frame, whenever that time comes. The 5010 had an Ardent Race tire on the back, and while it didn't kill me, that tire made some hilariously scary sounds trying to hang on around some of the fast scooping turns.

As far as the trails out in Raystown, hell yeah they were awesome. Nothing in terms of roots or tech, maybe a few rocks here and there, but generally just fast fast and MOAR fast. I would definitely go again. The climb up the road from our camping spot was a righteous kick in the balls though. @slyfink, the trails are easy enough for kids too. We saw some little guys ripping out there (and got passed by some :D). Osprey was my favourite trail. Our last venture down it was at mach chicken on that Transition, the dork logger says we were maintaining 50kph on it.

Also the spiders down there are way too big for this guy. Fuck that shit. Found some on my tent while packing up that were the size of my palm.

Going out for an easy ride on wet dirt now.
hope you checked yourself for ticks. i picked up 2 over the weekend out here.

how was the lake water?

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
Morning all. no riding for me since Thursday. Graduation party Friday not. Got drunk and had a great time with friends. Bought a car saturday and that took all damn day. Hope I made a good choice and the slight buyers anxiety wanes. Sunday went to the Braves game with the wife.
We did it it monocle money stylee in a corporate box. Nice way to spend an afternoon.

I am off to mine some salt as I have some new expenses to attend too.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i guess it was a weekend. bouldered friday night, rode some bikes, drank some beers, grilled some food, hung out with the kid. t-minus 8 days. my last week of work, wife is done for the year.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Took Haley to the bike park yesterday and she loved it, even with a few solid falls (video later). Yeti is rebuilt and it only took two turns to rip the tire off the rim at 40psi. I think I need a new tire at this point as it's happened twice now.
Otherwise, work and I need more sleep.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Biopsy results are in and Dad is in the clear for now. 10/12 sites biopsied were clear, the other 2 showed abnormal cell growth, though not yet cancerous. Looks like he'll have a steady diet of PSA tests for the foreseeable future to keep an eye on things and make sure they don't progress.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I am sore in unexpected spots from removing snapped bolts from the engine mount in wife's car. The Beetle's engine bay is tiny and a biatch to work in. :mad:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

What an amazing weekend with the fam. Lil Man and pooch's first camping trip was a major win. Wife found a campground and we took a chance since they said reservations needed to be 2 weeks out. There were only about a half dozen other camp sites occupied in the whole place. There wasn't anyone within 100 yards of us, it was perfect. \\I brought a tie out cable to stretch between 2 trees, she was tied up for about an hour the first day. :rofl:

Lil Man was bombing his strider down all the little hills, he is so ready for his first real bike. Dog barked a little the first night, but was fine the second. We stayed Thursday, Friday and came home Saturday. The weather was spot on, boy had a great weekend, it was a total win all around.

Funny note, the wife decided we needed an air mattress with headboard. The damn thing was a bitch to blow up. The hand pump was kicking my ass because this thing is HUGE! My electric pump with car plug had an adapter that was too long to fit. I couldn't find my saw, so I used my hatchet to modify it. :panic:

Also, if you get out of your seat, Abbey is taking it.

B-mans seat:

Lil Man's seat

Can't somebody start a fire?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Biopsy results are in and Dad is in the clear for now. 10/12 sites biopsied were clear, the other 2 showed abnormal cell growth, though not yet cancerous. Looks like he'll have a steady diet of PSA tests for the foreseeable future to keep an eye on things and make sure they don't progress.
Related: low grade prostate cancer (Gleason 3+3) is nothing to worry about, either.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Related: low grade prostate cancer (Gleason 3+3) is nothing to worry about, either.
Good to know! Considering my paternal grandfather had prostate cancer and my dad is at risk I'm mentally preparing myself to have my pooper poked and prodded regularly in the coming years.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Moab weekend, buddy from TN flew in for his 40th. Ate the kimshi on Porcupine Rim in a high-speed jeep road section, gonna be walking funny for a few days with a bruise that covers the majority of my thigh. Good times!

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Lil Man was bombing his strider down all the little hills, he is so ready for his first real bike. Dog barked a little the first night, but was fine the second. We stayed Thursday, Friday and came home Saturday. The weather was spot on, boy had a great weekend, it was a total win all around.
I had Haley out at the pump track this weekend and hand brakes were basically a necessity when she'd try to stop on a mound or when she'd run out of speed. She'd go to put her feet down and just start rolling down backwards. I'd suggest you'd get a bike with a hand brake.

Haley from this weekend (warning - it's LOUD at the end):

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I had Haley out at the pump track this weekend and hand brakes were basically a necessity when she'd try to stop on a mound or when she'd run out of speed. She'd go to put her feet down and just start rolling down backwards. I'd suggest you'd get a bike with a hand brake.

Haley from this weekend (warning - it's LOUD at the end):

My god - is that head angle about 84* on that bike? :D

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
On today's too much information feed: big bowl of raisin bran + 2 cups of coffee + yogurt + lots of beer last night = sweet baby jesus. Somebody just walked into the bathroom and said "nope" and walked out.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Goddammit - apparently I need to spread rep around. Somebody cover me? This is the funniest thing I've seen all day. :rofl:
I definitely started laughing. It's only going to get better... I have a giant cabbage based salad for lunch.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
My tolerance for the children's museum is about an hour. We have been here two. Leaving soon.