Quantcast

%$#@ Hungover Monday GTM !@#$

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
He has exceeded his tolerance by 100%. Pretty impressive that he hasn't snapped yet.
Wait. Re-read it. Makes sense now.

@Toshi the outside area is your savior. Once you get them out, you can then train them that this is the last step of the trip.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Shit. I think I just broke my tooth. It has an old, large filling that was going to go eventually and I think it finally went. Super sharp, cutting my tongue and a bit painful - that ear hurting kind of pain. Giddy.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Shit. I think I just broke my tooth. It has an old, large filling that was going to go eventually and I think it finally went. Super sharp, cutting my tongue and a bit painful - that ear hurting kind of pain. Giddy.
Think of the new bike your dentist will be getting. With custom brakes.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Just had to explain to my staff that payments made in beginning of the year can't be applied against liabilities that showed up at the end of the year.
#howtimeworks

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Took the boat out without a mate. Hauled the packet to a Erie Operator to haul through the canal and then to Dunkirk and the outfitter. I accidently entered Canada's 5 km limit. I had my papers luckily. I am going to push a dump barge to Oswego tomorrow for the A. C. of E.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Had a good, slow and easy ride today. I'm pretty sure that in the span of the last few hours that I've become sick. Nose is completely stuffed, yet running at the same time and my throat feels like crap.

Had to stop and smell the flowers. Almost ate it on a few wet roots after not touching a single one in PA the last few days. The trilliums are absolutely popping in some sections. Not a bad time to be out there.

Also took a few minutes to block off a "shortcut" that a few people have been taking this year. They're sneaking through the trees on the right to get up the hill. The picture doesn't really show it, but it is a very steep but short climb and its littered with roots. The shortcut has no roots, but the trail is already starting to get pushed down the hill. It'll only get worse. Piled some rocks and crud there to hopefully stop it.

And looking up. I'll admit that I've personally never made it up the roots all the way. But still no reason to go around...

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
That sounds like shit my wife talks about when I ask her how her day was. (She's a CPA)
Ha. It's a department of CPA and Finance people. Sometimes, it's amazing what the non-CPA people think. The best is when our partners steal from us and can't even defend the obvious theft nor cover their tracks.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Ha. It's a department of CPA and Finance people. Sometimes, it's amazing what the non-CPA people think. The best is when our partners steal from us and can't even defend the obvious theft nor cover their tracks.
Give me 2 days and I will straighten out things for you.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Back in Canada after 4 days of balls to the wall fast riding at Raystown Lake in PA. My legs are absolutely cooked.

Thoughts from the weekend... First, Sram Guide brakes suck. Granted the demo bikes were probably a little tired, but every bike I tried out had them and none were confidence inspiring. Same goes for the Reverb post. Tons and tons of people at the festival, but the trails were actually not that crowded. We only got passed or had to pass people on a handful of occasions. It seemed that most people were just hanging out at the intersections or down in the demo area.

I demo'd the Yeti SB5.5, Transition Scout, Transition Smuggler and Santa Cruz 5010. The Yeti felt way too squishy and generally wasn't as playful on those trails but I can see how it would probably gobble up rocks and chunk. The Smuggler was good, but wasn't as fun at the next two. The Scout and 5010 were pretty much equal; both were very fun and took them out for a second go yesterday. I do think I liked the Scout just a tad more though and might even consider it as the next frame, whenever that time comes. The 5010 had an Ardent Race tire on the back, and while it didn't kill me, that tire made some hilariously scary sounds trying to hang on around some of the fast scooping turns.

As far as the trails out in Raystown, hell yeah they were awesome. Nothing in terms of roots or tech, maybe a few rocks here and there, but generally just fast fast and MOAR fast. I would definitely go again. The climb up the road from our camping spot was a righteous kick in the balls though. @slyfink, the trails are easy enough for kids too. We saw some little guys ripping out there (and got passed by some :D). Osprey was my favourite trail. Our last venture down it was at mach chicken on that Transition, the dork logger says we were maintaining 50kph on it.

Also the spiders down there are way too big for this guy. Fuck that shit. Found some on my tent while packing up that were the size of my palm.

Going out for an easy ride on wet dirt now.
Sounds like a winner of a weekend. Just got back from kingdom trails, and demolished some Thai. Both my boys loved the pump track, and my oldest loved Kitchel. He was proud to have ridden a "double black diamond". We were there with 6 other families, so the kids-chaos back at the cabins was strong. Will definitely go back with the oldest this summer. Ticks, however, sucked. 7 in our group got them, and I pulled one out of my boy's head. Fuck those things.

Interesting that you demoed such small bikes... I like the sound of the Scout, but I think im moar interested in the Patrol... The Bronson I demoed this winter in Sedona was ok, but didn't knock my socks off. Would love to demo the patrol.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Put summer wax on three pair of skis, done.
I'm fixing to grill a big steak but it just started raining. I shall wait a few before giving up hope.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Sounds like a winner of a weekend. Just got back from kingdom trails, and demolished some Thai. Both my boys loved the pump track, and my oldest loved Kitchel. He was proud to have ridden a "double black diamond". We were there with 6 other families, so the kids-chaos back at the cabins was strong. Will definitely go back with the oldest this summer. Ticks, however, sucked. 7 in our group got them, and I pulled one out of my boy's head. Fuck those things.

Interesting that you demoed such small bikes... I like the sound of the Scout, but I think im moar interested in the Patrol... The Bronson I demoed this winter in Sedona was ok, but didn't knock my socks off. Would love to demo the patrol.
My current bike only has 140mm of rear travel and I see no need to go up from there. In reality the trails around here are pretty XCish, just lots of speed. And it has been sent down Bromont, Quebec and Pisgah with no problems. The Scout has less travel, but I couldn't tell. 90% of the guys that I ride with all have Giant Reign's. I'm usually upfront leading the pack and have no problem outpacing some of them; I have a feeling the geometry on some of these bikes is what makes them more capable, not the travel. I'm guessing you have 100% more rock up there....

Two in our group did try out the Patrol. One was impressed by it quite a bit and the other guy said "meh" (though he was pretty much ready to die from exhaustion when we did that loop). The same guy tried the Bronson and loved it, though again this time he was bagged tired and perhaps it was the wheels that gave the bike the edge (Enve wheels).

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
uncles very low mile hasn't run in 30 years xs650 is supposed to show up today...