Quantcast

hunting anecdotes?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
sucks to be this guy: Wounded deer attacks hunter who shot him
A Sedalia hunter bagged a big buck on the second day of firearms season, but the kill caused him a lot of pain.

Forty-nine-year-old Randy Goodman said he thought two well-placed shots with his .270-caliber rifle had killed the buck on Nov. 19. Goodman said the deer looked dead to him, but seconds later the nine-point, 240-pound animal came to life.

The buck rose up, knocked Goodman down and attacked him with his antlers in what the veteran hunter called "15 seconds of hell." The deer ran a short distance and went down, and died after Goodman fired two more shots.

Soon Goodman started feeling dizzy and noticed his vest was soaked in blood.

So he reached his truck and drove to a hospital, where he received seven staples in his scalp and was treated for a slight concussion and bruises.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
$tinkle and n8 go hunting. They get separated when stalking a deer and n8 accidentally shoots $tinkle. n8 calls 911 and paramedics are soon there. As they load a motionless $tinkle into the ambulance n8 asks if he will survive. The paramedice replies "he would have had a better chance if you hadn't gutted him to".

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
So these two californians are told by their commander to go find a deer and kill it. After being shown what deer tracks look like, they go out into the woods and find a deer. After letting loose full auto with 2 M16's the deer stops moving. One of them carry the perforated deer across his shoulders while the other carries the other's gear and weapon. Upon returning to the camp the guy carrying the deer is completely covered in blood, looking like the aftermath of some teen scream movie. They find the commander near a fire, sharpening a bayonette. The commander looks up in fright and says... "wow, you should have gutted it and drained the blood out there... don't you know there are bears around here?"

TRUE STORY

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
$tinkle and n8 go hunting. They get separated when stalking a deer and n8 accidentally shoots $tinkle. n8 calls 911 and paramedics are soon there. As they load a motionless $tinkle into the ambulance n8 asks if he will survive. The paramedice replies "he would have had a better chance if you hadn't gutted him to".
I heard they were driving to the stand when they came across a deer caught in a fence $tinkle slammed on the brakes jumped out and mounted the stuck deer just as he was about to finish he yelled to n8 get over here I am just about done,

So n8 ran over and bent over the fence.

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
I heard they were driving to the stand when they came across a deer caught in a fence $tinkle slammed on the brakes jumped out and mounted the stuck deer just as he was about to finish he yelled to n8 get over here I am just about done,

So n8 ran over and bent over the fence.
:rimshot:... hehehe, get it... :rimshot:

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Do you need a license to hunt anecdotes? Can you hunt female anecdotes, or just males with a mature rack? When is anecdote season??

Just do be careful as Stinkle points out...wounded anecdotes can be dangerous.

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
Do you need a license to hunt anecdotes? Can you hunt female anecdotes, or just males with a mature rack? When is anecdote season??

Just do be careful as Stinkle points out...wounded anecdotes can be dangerous.
I was looking for the wah wah wah smiley. Apparently it doesn't exist.

Although I'd imagine it would be a mix of the following 3 :nopity:+:rimshot:+:brow: