Quantcast

I am camping at Taneum this weekend (near Cle Elum)

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Hey everyone.

I am camping up at my motorcycle clubs funday this weekend at Taneum. Now Taneum is a big place but I think the campground is the North fork campground.... I can drive there but I never really paid attention.

If you guys were to show up I could offer you a beer.

I think the campground is where "Ridge Roller" trial dumps out. I am taking my HT this weekend but will also be borrowing a dirt bike (street legal DRS250 or maybe a KDX200) to ride on some group rides (and a night ride ) I was hoping to hook up with my college riding buddy to shuttle Ridge Roller....anyone else who wants to is welcome.

Rhino

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Directions:
Taneum Funnnn-day!

Take I90 East
Take Elk Heights exit, just past Cle Elum & Indian John rest stop
At end of exit turn left (North over freeway)
Turn right at stop sign
Follow road, take first right (takes you back across freeway again (South)
After crossing freeway, take a right and follow
until you see campground on the left (back in woods)
Follow arrows (black arrow on orange background) to campsite

That is about it. I drive a Blue 2000 Dodge Dakota 2wd Extra cab and will have the Gray 2003 Specialized Hardrock Pro in the back if I am not using it and out on a ride....if you ask around most members should be able to tell you if I am out on a ride or just down by the stream.

There may also be orange ribbon marking the corners into the campground.

Stump jumpers’ motorcycle club. It is a family type club and I would love to shuttle at least a run with someone who is going up there for a day or weekend. Camping should be free so if you are looking for a place to camp swing in with us.

Rhino/Kevin Dahlen/fromWA

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
There's a real hairball trail behind that campground that heads up towards Elk Camp and the 4wd jeep road that comes out at the bottom of the Shoestring Lake Trail. The "Hoyt Mine Trail". Frikkin' burly on a bike. I don't know how the moto guys even make it up and down some of those hills. Some of the others there might know where it is. At the bottom is an old logging bunkhouse which is pretty cool. Not even 1/4 mile from your camp.
I'd be real interested in finding out how S. Fork Manastash/Hereford Meadows trail is. Taneum Ridge trail is the one that comes out across the road that you want to Shuttle.
For a longer Shuttle, have someone dump you off way up at the top of Quartz Mountain and take Peaches Ridge to S. Fk Taneum or the back way down Quartz to S. Fk. Taneum and then down the ridge to camp.

Have fun. I'll be doing the annual campout at IceWater CG down the road later this summer.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Borneo said:
There's a real hairball trail behind that campground that heads up towards Elk Camp and the 4wd jeep road that comes out at the bottom of the Shoestring Lake Trail. The "Hoyt Mine Trail". Frikkin' burly on a bike. I don't know how the moto guys even make it up and down some of those hills. Some of the others there might know where it is. At the bottom is an old logging bunkhouse which is pretty cool. Not even 1/4 mile from your camp.
I'd be real interested in finding out how S. Fork Manastash/Hereford Meadows trail is. Taneum Ridge trail is the one that comes out across the road that you want to Shuttle.
For a longer Shuttle, have someone dump you off way up at the top of Quartz Mountain and take Peaches Ridge to S. Fk Taneum or the back way down Quartz to S. Fk. Taneum and then down the ridge to camp.

Have fun. I'll be doing the annual campout at IceWater CG down the road later this summer.
I will be putting a bunch of miles on a motorcycle this weekend....I wil have to keep my eyes open I haven't ridden there in a long time except the Taneum Ridge trail.....on a motorcycle it has been almost 10 yrs. :eek: :D I remember some long rides (50+ miles) way up into the back country....almost out to White Pass or the vacinity. Had to pack extra gas...jsut in case. :D