Quantcast

I am giddy with anticipation!!!

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
http://www.arrogantbastard.com/doublebastard/2004/index.html

In 3 Liter Bottles!!!

We get more emails about a certain Special Release of ours than any other... you could say we get Double the amount. However, the wait, the longing, the yearning... that anticipation... is almost over. The 2004 Double Bastard Ale is around the corner!

Don't ask to be pinched, you're not dreaming. But when you taste this lacerative mutha of a beer, you'll be knocked into dreamland! This malt & hop monster is not for the timid however, so beware.

Once again we will be offering the 2004 Double Bastard Ale in limited 22oz bottles and 3Litre bottles which will be hitting the shelves the first week of November. That means all the hoarders, collectors, and stockpilers out there had better start clearing room in the 'fridge or cellar!

Evolution is good. Things change and often change for the better. This year our Arrogant Bastard Ale has changed... more like metamorphasized... into a whole new creation: Oaked Arrogant Bastard Ale! What was once an experiment quickly became a cult classic... now it's here for YOU!

The twist (we always have a twist don't we?) is that it will only be available in the coolest of all packaging: The 3Litre bottle (and a limited number of kegs)! That's right, this year's 3Litre Arrogant Bastard Ale bottle will be filled with Oaked Arrogant Bastard Ale!

Be sure to check out our website for updates on locations, release dates, and other important info like the all-important first growler fill. Remember, this beer has serious wood... just ask your Mom!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
even normal arrogant bastard was way too much for my own "feeble palate" to handle :(

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
I'm looking forward to the Oaked much more than the Double.

Everytime I see those 3 liter bottles in the store, my liver starts to hurt...

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
-BB- said:
Way too Hoppy IMO
The 2003 was noticeably less hoppy than the 2002. I liked the 2003 better, personally.

If you can, buy one and let it sit for a year. It mellows out nicely.

In other news, we should start seeing SN Celebration Ale in about a month :thumb:

fonseca

Monkey
May 2, 2002
Virginia
Oh baby.

Only in 3L bottles? Damnit, I'll have to share with friends (aka brew moochers). Or maybe I can transfer unfinished portions to a growler. Call me stingy, but no one ever chips in for beer when I buy.

Tenchiro said:
You should have listened to the label, dude. :monkey:
LOL! And here i thought that was all marketing BS. :o:

Tenchiro

Jul 19, 2002
New England
fonseca said:
Oh baby.

Only in 3L bottles? Damnit, I'll have to share with friends (aka brew moochers). Or maybe I can transfer unfinished portions to a growler. Call me stingy, but no one ever chips in for beer when I buy.
I think they come in the 22oz'ers too, at least that is what I am gonna hit my local "dealer" up to order.

I saw a distributor was selling the 3L bottles for $60, and I don't have that kind of coin to drop.

Tenchiro

Jul 19, 2002
New England
Which is too hoppy? I love hoppy beer, but never thought of Arrogant Bastard as being very hoppy... I have never had either of the special versions though.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Tenchiro said:
Which is too hoppy? I love hoppy beer, but never thought of Arrogant Bastard as being very hoppy... I have never had either of the special versions though.
I'll pay closer attention next time. I've had neither of those ales. I was referring to the standard AB ale.

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
Tenchiro said:
I think they come in the 22oz'ers too, at least that is what I am gonna hit my local "dealer" up to order.

I saw a distributor was selling the 3L bottles for $60, and I don't have that kind of coin to drop.
3L - $60? I must have missed something here...

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Clark Kent said:
I am anticipating giddeness!
Me too. We're heading to the Brickskeller tonight! They entered the Guinness Book of World Records with more than 1000 different types of beer in stock!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
BikeGeek said:
Me too. We're heading to the Brickskeller tonight! They entered the Guinness Book of World Records with more than 1000 different types of beer in stock!
I love Brickskellers, but be warned the menu is much larger than their stock. They only had about half of what I wanted to try last time I was there. But in the end I tried to much, worst hangover ever. The funny thing was I didn't want to get drunk, I just wanted to taste more good beers.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Westy said:
I love Brickskellers, but be warned the menu is much larger than their stock. They only had about half of what I wanted to try last time I was there. But in the end I tried to much, worst hangover ever. The funny thing was I didn't want to get drunk, I just wanted to taste more good beers.
I know. They entered GBOWR with 1072 kinds in stock. I've heard it sometimes gets as low as only 600 or 700 beers in stock. What am I going to do if they only have 600 kinds of beer in stock? :p