Quantcast

I`am hated at my house ,by my kids

shocktower

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Molalla Oregon
I have thrown out all kinds of crap ,like this country time lemonaid ,which is all but fricking sugar :eek: :eek: :eek: ,with fake flavours ,I`am tired of being a fat ass ,and I`am now making every one eat properly :eek: healthy ,since I ahve 4 little kids I want them to be healthy ,so no more fricking Mc Death ,it really sucks when you let you self go :help: :help: :help:

KPicha

Velma
Aug 3, 2002
Northern, VA
Woo, hoo! Go for it! I have 4 little ones, too and there 's big difference in their moods when we all eat well. They get really crabby and cranky when they have too much sugar.

WE're in the middle of doing the same thing. Its only been a 10 days, but they haven't said anything about McD's or pizza yet. WE'll see how long that lasts, especially since we're going to the beach next week.

Cheers,
Kristina

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I gave up McD's and BK about 6 years ago. Best decision I ever made.

If you can get the kids through a year, they'll stop wanting it. And they will lead happier and healthier lives :)

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Don't be afraid to MAKE pizza for them if they want it. You can make some really healthy and tasty stuff if you do it on your own.

It's the Pizza Slut stuff that's sprayed with grease that'll kill you. :)

shocktower

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Molalla Oregon
What get`s me is we are so lazy here( I`am talking about my own house ) ,we just want convienience, instead of health :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ,that`s the american way ,my wife tried to give me some BS ,like well if we are out some times we need to eat ,and my responce was well we will just have to pack some food/lunch :eek: :eek: :eek: ,and I have a goal I want to weight 170 # by the time I reach 41 ;) ;) ,that`s 8 months ,I know I can ,hell I even lifted weights today ;) ;)

Thank`s for the support KPicha ,btw how old are you kid`s mine are , Alexa is 7 Madison is 6 ,and Hunter and Carter are 4 ;)

bomberz1qr20

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Boboli!

It takes less time and 1/4 of the $ to go to the store and make a Boboli pizza then to order one from the pizza man.

And it's custom yo!

I swore off Mcdonalds and taco bell etc years ago.

My kid is just starting to eat meat (chicken) at 11 years old, before that it was tofu only for protein, she has always eaten better than me!

KPicha

Velma
Aug 3, 2002
Northern, VA
Yeah, I know what you mean about the laziness. Especially since I'm the only one cooking every meal, every day :blah: It gets old fast. Its even less fun when the kids don't like anything! :rolleyes: They'll really be in for a surprise when I change the diet around here! :devil:

My kids are 5 (David),4 (Michael), 2 1/2 (Elizabeth) and 14 months (John). They're quite a crew; never a dull moment that's for sure! :) Its a wonder I ever get to ride at all!

So, you've given yourself 8 months - that sounds like a perfect amount of time for your body to adjust. So, if I've gained 40 lbs in 9 months, x 4 kids, wow, that gives me 36 months to lose my weight :D Hee, hee.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Originally posted by bomberz1qr20
Boboli!

It takes less time and 1/4 of the $ to go to the store and make a Boboli pizza then to order one from the pizza man.
Holy crap, I love Boboli. I have not had one in a while. Just load up the shell with sauce, cheese, and toppings, and 20 minutes later you have wonderful goodness!! (it's still high in calories tho')

shocktower, good luck with the family diet. I can only imagine the effort it takes with four young mouths to feed.

toughguymagee

Pretty Boi
Jun 1, 2002
crackhouse down the street
I used to work at a pizza shop for years in HS, so now i make my own dough and cook all kinda of good pizzas. (plus if you have kids, how much fun would it be to make your own pizzas)

I have kept off of fast food and very rarely drink soda. Little things like that will cut a ton of caliories and make loosing weight much easier.

Good luck on your goal on weight and congrats to you on getting your kids healthy.

waterlilli

Chimp
Apr 4, 2003
Good for you! I am not a parent, so this is really easy for me to say- Diet, exercise and sleep would solve many discipline problems better than drugs.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
As a child I was not allowed sugar cereals (couldn't even add sugar to my cheerios)!:eek: We didn't drink soda either. Both of those have pretty much stuck my entire life. Good nutritional values are important in children these days.

mrbigisbudgood

Strangely intrigued by Echo
Oct 30, 2001
Charlotte, NC
Originally posted by Heidi
As a child I was not allowed sugar cereals (couldn't even add sugar to my cheerios)!:eek: We didn't drink soda either. Both of those have pretty much stuck my entire life. Good nutritional values are important in children these days.
Wow, your the only other one in the world that had the sugar cereal restriction. I picked it up from my mom and passed it on to my kids. The most sugary cereal we buy is Honey Bunches of Oats.

Children and diets....lol. They'll scream till they get what they want. If you don't give it to them, do you think they'll starve? No. They'll probably start liking broccoli. We have beaten our kids.....I mean.....conditioned our kids to enjoy healthy food. Cookies are a rare occasion in our house, not a cap of every meal by any means.

Jorvik

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
I honestly don't know anymore.
I had the no sugar cereal diet going on until I was about 12. No fruitsnacks, chips, or anything like that. It sucked. Once I turned 12 my mom stopped her all health food thing. It was really a thing to control her weight and not ours. We were/are still wicked active kids, so keeping calories down wasn't an issue.

Subzero

Chimp
Jul 7, 2003
Kent, WA
I can totally relate to you on this issue. I have a 12 year old boy and a 4 year old girl. They love to eat out all the time. But things have changed since I started to ride again and stopped eating fast food. My wife even noticed I've lost weight due to my training and hard work on my bike. I've lost like 18 lbs since I started riding again back in the middle of June 2003. She also said that I'm eating alot better and I'm more relaxed then I was before. It just takes time and some dedication. Every once in awhile I'll eat Subway with a bag of chips. No more Mickey D's or fast food. I just have to keep that in my head and get it done. It isn't easy, but it can be done. If you believe it can happen. I know I've done it.