Quantcast

I ate McDonald's for lunch yesterday...

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
...for the first time this year. I had a Big Mac and a large fries, and it tasted pretty damned good.

My heart didnt quit beating and I didnt vomit all over my living room either. Id say it was a positive experience.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I have to say I enjoy their fries after a long ride. Seems to be the best medium to load 3lbs of salt onto and still taste good. That is just one of the great things about long rides, what else can you do that makes eating something with 3 packets of salt on it healthy?

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
N8 said:
Burger King pw3z McD's
Double Bacon Whopper :drool:

I wonder why the heck people get so pissy about fast food? How is a big mac any worse than some burger you fry up in the back yard? Its just meat (or some filler too) on bread. Why does it matter where you buy it?

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Echo said:
There's a glowing endorsement if I ever heard one :D
Well the way people talk about it, youd think it was like eating dead babyfat mixed with bleach or something.

J

JRB

Our local BK owner got busted for drugs and the building is sitting idle. No McDonald's here in Cameron, but have 4 in Temple. :confused:

I like homestyle burgers at McDonalds's because of the mustard having tons of black pepper.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
BurlyShirley said:
...for the first time this year. I had a Big Mac and a large fries, and it tasted pretty damned good.

My heart didnt quit beating and I didnt vomit all over my living room either. Id say it was a positive experience.
You need a Giant #13 from Jersey Mikes.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
N8 said:
Where the hell do you live? The bottom of the ocean?

Here as in 1st Hill in Seattle. Very little fast food within walking distance. Mcdonalds, Subway and Quiznos. Although there are 5 places to get coffee and over half are Starbucks. :rolleyes:

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
I think I've had McD's 3 times this week so far, and I've still got tomorrow.

Convenience has it's price. --> my developing gut.

Guess that's why I have to ride 5+ times a week.

Mmmmmm..... #3 and a 4 piece nuggets

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
I love reading books/mags. on biking and seeing stuff like that Lance eats cookies while he rides for quick energy and that potato chips aren't bad to eat during a ride because of the salt. Damn, I knew I picked this sport for a reason :thumb:

Tenchiro

Jul 19, 2002
New England
Now that I think about it there is a nice little Polish deli with the best Reuben Sandwich I have ever had.

:drool:

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
The last time i ate mcdonald's i was sick for three days. I fed some to my puupy and she was sick for three days too. yuck.

frozen cokes are the bomb though.

J

JRB

laura said:
The last time i ate mcdonald's i was sick for three days. I fed some to my puupy and she was sick for three days too. yuck.

frozen cokes are the bomb though.
Once a lady was burned with hot coffee, and it's rumored that someone found a fried chicken head in their nuggets. They should just shut them down. Making you and a puppy sick is just unforgiveable.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
bluebug32 said:
I love reading books/mags. on biking and seeing stuff like that Lance eats cookies while he rides for quick energy and that potato chips aren't bad to eat during a ride because of the salt. Damn, I knew I picked this sport for a reason :thumb:
a full flavored soda after a good ride is also acceptable. quick cals.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
McDonald's is crap. Crap quality, crap preparation, crappy crap crap. But by all means, chow down if you enjoy grade C meat. :)

There's a reason their burgers are 59 cents, and it's not because they buy it in bulk.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
SkaredShtles said:
What's wrong with sinew? :confused:

No doubt. Put some cream sauce on it and give it a french name and you probably could get some jackass to pay $25 for a plate of it.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
jvp108 said:
Anyone have Five Guys Burgers and Fries yet? You will never go back to fast food again....
Naw, still the convenience factor. Five guys is great, but in a hurry, I can have already eaten my McDs and been home before you even get a burger at five guys.

Still a big thumbs up for five guys (if you have time). :thumb:

3D.

Monkey
Feb 23, 2006
Chinafornia USA
BurlyShirley said:
Double Bacon Whopper :drool:

I wonder why the heck people get so pissy about fast food? How is a big mac any worse than some burger you fry up in the back yard? Its just meat (or some filler too) on bread. Why does it matter where you buy it?

Hear are some reasons why they’re different:

1. Fast Food beef and chicken are loaded with nitrates (preservative also found in old forms of crop dust), keeps meat from spoiling, can cause cancer.

2. Fast Food beef and chicken are loaded with antibiotics (from when the animals become diseased or sick), and pesticides (from cattle grazing).

3. Most cattle raised for high production commercial purposes, are often fed regenerated cow (and other animal) meat scraps turned into “meal”, hence the “mad cow disease”. Cow’s are herbivores not carnivores, when they are subjected to meat like this, it has a serious effect on their overall health condition (makes them sick).

4. The “filler” that was mentioned, usually contains large amounts of soy byproducts. Soy, when used in unfermented ways (fermented, meaning soy sauce, tempeh, or miso), is revealing itself to be extremely bad for the thyroid gland. Also, the isoflavones in soy are forms of estrogen that are very harmful to the body. And yes, people will say soy has been used for thousands of years in the East. True, but these new types of mechanically processed soy products have not, they are virtually untested, unproven, and rake in huge profits (you know what that means).

5. The bun your eating in fast food joints, loaded with partially (if not fully) hydrogenated oil. I won’t even begin to explain this one, if your interested, look it up. I will say that there are much more severe problems associated with it, other than just making you fat! It also contains a lot of processed sugar and is made from bleached white flour (so yea, you are kinda eating bleach) that contains aluminum in the baking powder (leads to Alzheimer’s).

6. The cheese is made from standard industry dairy cows. Milk that is loaded with the Bovine Growth Hormone, antibiotics, pesticides. Bad stuff for everyone. Not to mention most low grade cheese is made with animal “rennet” (boiled stomach liner and other parts) instead of plant rennet. (a good book to cross reference on milk, written by Dr. Heimlich's [the maneuver] wife called "Milk the Deadly Poison", it will blow your mind)

When you make burgers on the grill at home, you can buy “free range” or “organically grown meat“. It’s more expensive, but it’s your health and the length of your life we’re talking about here, screw what ever is cheaper! You can also buy cheese from companies like “Horizon”, made with NO animal rennet, just look on the back of the rapper next time your shopping. And the bread, you can go buy the good stuff with that too. Buy some buns from Trader Joes, Whole Foods, or Wild Oats. Sh!t, buy all your food from places like these and help bring down this countries escalating Terminal Illness and Obesity rate, and potentially add decades to the length of your life!

Peace Out!

Tenchiro

Jul 19, 2002
New England
I think you are underestimating the quality of commercial food and and overstating the benefits of "natural" products.