Quantcast

I bought the hornless Schwinn bike seat

rollerbot

Chimp
May 10, 2008
It feels really strange and I get the sensation of sliding forward off of it.I ride with a larger than normal seat but wanted to try the no pressure one Schwinn has. So what I ended up doing was putting the seat on my exercycle to get the feel of it and see if it will be good or not and took it off my bike.Does anyone have any opinions on this or how you adjusted yours?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I'm testing a seat now that's "stubby" - not quite completely noseless but a very short nose.

http://www.ismseat.com/products_peak.htm

The photo makes the nose look longer than it is. The whole seat is very short, and it's designed to ride further back - your butt doesn't sit on the back side of the saddle, more towards the middle.

My problem isn't sliding forward, it's that every once in a while I forget and am a little too far forward when I try to lean the bike with my thighs. Missing the saddle when you are trying to lean into it is a slightly uncomfortable feeling.

I haven't quite figured out if I like it enough to make it a permanent seat. There is definitely no pressure on the sensitive areas so if that's a problem, maybe the stubby saddles are a good way to go.

rollerbot

Chimp
May 10, 2008
Thanks for your reply...I am not a engineer or in no way do I understand why some bike seat noses are so long and narrow.And to me it doesn't seem like they were designed right way back when.

Plus mentally the thought of racking yourself on the nose is present and physically to me they are uncomfortable.I am sure there is a good reason for a bike seat to have the extended long nose on them we all see but why they have them is a question I wonder about.

With the schwinn noseless seat I think if I tilt the seat upwards the sensation of sliding off may disappear. And really the threat of racking yourself in a sensitive area is gone with this seat design. But all our lives we have been used to the bike seat with a nose.