Quantcast

I can't find the stupid receipt

J

JRB

:( I planned to send a Bell X Ray for crash replacement this morning. I had the receipt a couple of weeks ago. I can't find it, and kind of think I threw it out a week or so on an organizing spree. With my Performance points I can buy one for $10 more than sending this one in, but planned to get Julie an X Ray so her helmet would fit right on night rides. My E2 just doesn't work with my helmet mount. Neither the Lume, nor the Turbo Cats I have. I am so pissed that I always end up losing a piece of paper that is usually worth $25 - $50. Not ranting at anyone, just offering up my stupid ass for scrutiny. Unless anyone else does stupid schit like this and can say I am not the only one. :stosh:

riderx

Monkey
Aug 14, 2001
Fredrock
Send it without the receipt. Worst you'll do is lose some postage if they don't deal with it. Or, if you bought it with a CC, send that bill with the store line item circled. Better than nothing.

Fathead

Monkey
May 6, 2003
SE TX
I drive around with $80 worth of rebate documentation (receipts, rebate forms, boxtops, toenails clippings, etc) in my console. I will probably never send it in. Copying stuff, putting it in envelopes, addressing envelopes, putting postage on it, dropping it in a mailbox. . . that is way the hell too much work.

Then again, it could help me pay for some stuff I shouldn't have bought. . .

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
You could get a statement from your bank with your last 50 transactions or whatever, and do the same thing as with the credit card - circle the line item and see if they'll take it.

J

JRB

I called Bell and Jan said they are not really sticklers on crash replacement and assured my that it would be fine to send it without the receipt. yay good peeps in customer service. :thumb:

J

JRB

Echo said:
What kind of light do you have? My light mount works great on my E2.

Lume and Turbo Cats. They are single straps. I may try to redo the straps to make them work. That is the one thing that NR has going for them. If I could make theirs work with my light, my problems would be solved.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
I drive around with $80 worth of rebate documentation (receipts, rebate forms, boxtops, toenails clippings, etc) in my console. I will probably never send it in. Copying stuff, putting it in envelopes, addressing envelopes, putting postage on it, dropping it in a mailbox. . . that is way the hell too much work.
Anytime I buy stuff from Best Buy / Circuit City, etc. that has all those bs rebates in order to get the "sale" price, I have to send them in the same day I buy the stuff or I'm sol. It's a pain in the a$$ sometimes, but you can sometimes save $50 or more if you jump through a few hoops. :blah:

J

JRB

Bell called today and are sending me an 05 XRay in titanium out right away. :thumb: yay

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
loco-gringo said:
:( I planned to send a Bell X Ray for crash replacement this morning. I had the receipt a couple of weeks ago. I can't find it, and kind of think I threw it out a week or so on an organizing spree. With my Performance points I can buy one for $10 more than sending this one in, but planned to get Julie an X Ray so her helmet would fit right on night rides. My E2 just doesn't work with my helmet mount. Neither the Lume, nor the Turbo Cats I have. I am so pissed that I always end up losing a piece of paper that is usually worth $25 - $50. Not ranting at anyone, just offering up my stupid ass for scrutiny. Unless anyone else does stupid schit like this and can say I am not the only one. :stosh:
dumb *c* word...

flatulant_man

Monkey
Jun 19, 2004
Food Fondlers' Convention
loco-gringo said:
Not ranting at anyone, just offering up my stupid ass for scrutiny. Unless anyone else does stupid schit like this and can say I am not the only one. :stosh:
welcome to my world. funny story for you.

so my friend kyle and i share a locker, right? well, one day, we walk up in the morning, and some cheerleader had decorated our locker, wishing kyle luck at the football game. he's not even on the football team. this was puzzling, because we thought they may have just looked at the locker assignment list and picked the wrong name, but, actually, kyle's not officially assigned to this locker. we were very confused, to say the least. anyway, we were over at rudy's house telling him this story. all he had to say was, "dude, you should tap that ****." me, being my dumbass self, decided to pipe in, "How can you tap it? it's paper!" i didn't know what "tap that" meant. i thought they wanted to trace it, like a phone call on those police shows. well, now, if you ever find a post by bigboy, well, look at his signiture. i'm such a dumbass. :)

J

JRB

flatulant_man said:
welcome to my world. funny story for you.

so my friend kyle and i share a locker, right? well, one day, we walk up in the morning, and some cheerleader had decorated our locker, wishing kyle luck at the football game. he's not even on the football team. this was puzzling, because we thought they may have just looked at the locker assignment list and picked the wrong name, but, actually, kyle's not officially assigned to this locker. we were very confused, to say the least. anyway, we were over at rudy's house telling him this story. all he had to say was, "dude, you should tap that ****." me, being my dumbass self, decided to pipe in, "How can you tap it? it's paper!" i didn't know what "tap that" meant. i thought they wanted to trace it, like a phone call on those police shows. well, now, if you ever find a post by bigboy, well, look at his signiture. i'm such a dumbass. :)
Yeah - not really losing a receipt, but having read it, you do qualify.