Quantcast

I don't like spinning....

JOJO

Top Banana
Jun 28, 2001
Superior, CO
We are not supposed to call it "Spinning" at my stupid gym .... we are supposed to call it "PRecision Cycling" (Precision is the name of the cert i have)...... but i call it SPINNING cuz I want to ... so there:monkey: hehe

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by JOJO
We are not supposed to call it "Spinning" at my stupid gym .... we are supposed to call it "PRecision Cycling" (Precision is the name of the cert i have)...... but i call it SPINNING cuz I want to ... so there:monkey: hehe
Yah, I go to 24 Hour Fitness too.

DHRacer

The Rev
Oct 8, 2001
Originally posted by MtnBikerChk

no it doesn't. it sounds like the phrase "spinning your wheels" as in going NOWHERE fast.
But isn't that what it is????

Going nowhere - fast ????

Dont' get me wrong, it's good exercise... but the name suits it.

Originally posted by DHRacer

But isn't that what it is????

Going nowhere - fast ????

Dont' get me wrong, it's good exercise... but the name suits it.
Yes that is what it is - but if you tell the average person sitting next to you, "I spin," they think "well, she goes nowhere fast. What kind of stupid exercise is that?"

It needs a name that describes just how well it kicks your a$$.

gecko

I'm Batman
Jun 28, 2001
Toronto, Canada
I'm with you MtnBikerChk, I think it's a dumb name...no offense to anyone who likes it. When I first heard about spinning classes I thought it was some sort of DJ school. Why not call it bike aerobics or something? Or even better, "Aerobikes!".

Aerobikes classes, now we're talking. :D:D

G

gravity

spinning sounds like when you lift the back wheel off the ground and pedal once or twice and watch the wheel spin for the nxt 2 minutes.

DEMON

Chimp
Sep 20, 2001
maple ridge b.c.
from my experiance spinning is not all it's crapped up to be i did it for several months , 2 to 3 times a week , the only thing i got from it was sore knees , i get a better dh related work out using the stairmaster , lifecycle and the crosstrainer .

Originally posted by DEMON
from my experiance spinning is not all it's crapped up to be i did it for several months , 2 to 3 times a week , the only thing i got from it was sore knees , i get a better dh related work out using the stairmaster , lifecycle and the crosstrainer .
Well, I'm not a dh'r. I ride xc and UPHILLs are where I need help.

For me, the crosstrainer is crap. Everybody's different.