Quantcast

I finally met Ethyyl!!!

tammy

spyderzmom
Oct 10, 2001
lost
Ethyyl!!! t was so great to finally meet you at Snowshoe this past weekend - you're just a class act all the way, and such a delight to talk with! I was so impressed watching you and all the other pro women on that DH course - the skill level is just amazing. It was my privilege to get to share the Super D course with such talent! Below is a podium shot of the Super D Women.

Also, it was wonderful meeting Kirstin and Capt. Jack Sparrow - CONGRATS on your podium spots!!! Sorry I wasn't able to get pictures for ya - I can't believe how busy I was! I'm STILL hosing off my laundry just so I can wash it, and we won't even discuss what my bikes look like.......

Finally, it's one of the true high spots of my summer to get to hang out with the QUEEN herself - Chromegoddess - at Snowshoe - soooo glad you were able to make it this time. :D

Psycle-On did manage to snap a quick shot of Ethyyl near the top of the DH course during her run - unfortunately she came through so fast he almost missed her!

Attachments

Jan 7, 2004
D.C. area
tammy said:
Also, it was wonderful meeting Kirstin and Capt. Jack Sparrow - CONGRATS on your podium spots!!! Sorry I wasn't able to get pictures for ya - I can't believe how busy I was! I'm STILL hosing off my laundry just so I can wash it, and we won't even discuss what my bikes look like.......
Tammy, I'm no Ethyl but congrats to you... it was so cool to meet you and Chromegoddess!

I met lots of wonderful people, and got to know some others a bit better. I can't wait until my next NORBA race. I think it won't be for a whole year. :(

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
Threads like this get me even more excited about moving to the East Coast because I'll get to meet all the East Coast MudHunnies :D :D :D

And I'm really looking forward to being able to hit Snowshoe and Mt. Snow next year!!!

grizgal

Chimp
Dec 5, 2003
somerville
Velocity Girl said:
Threads like this get me even more excited about moving to the East Coast because I'll get to meet all the East Coast MudHunnies :D :D :D

And I'm really looking forward to being able to hit Snowshoe and Mt. Snow next year!!!
You're moving to the east! There's a lot of great riding around here - and if you're going to jersey - Mountain Creek will be close by.

Bummed I didn't get to meet any hunnies this weekend at snowshoe. I heard stories of hunnies from chromegoddess. Maybe some will be at snowshoe? Hope you all had fun...gotta love the east coast mud.

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
grizgal said:
You're moving to the east! There's a lot of great riding around here - and if you're going to jersey - Mountain Creek will be close by.

Bummed I didn't get to meet any hunnies this weekend at snowshoe. I heard stories of hunnies from chromegoddess. Maybe some will be at snowshoe? Hope you all had fun...gotta love the east coast mud.
We're moving to Parsippany, NJ at the end of the month!!! Freak got a job out there and I'm going to be telecommuting. Figures that we won't be out there until after Snowshoe and Mt. Snow :( (And of course we're leaving before Schweitzer :p )

But we're most likely going to try and hit some of the Plattekill races! So were do you live out there? I would definitely love to hook up and do some riding :)

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
Ethyyl? That's Ally, right? Fast fluid rider and a sweetheart too. I'm bummed she said she won't be at Mt Snow, then failed to get her contact info.

Tammy, you flatter me for you are truly royalty at the mountain. Always with a positive attitude and good humor, and certainly the most smashing gear of anyone I know. Congratulations on your outstanding results in both races.

Captn Jack with the Gemini slide!!! Haha. Anyone have a picture of that? Next time someone tells you to wear extra gear to keep the team jersey clean during your RACE RUN tell them to buzz off and look into a sponsorship from Cheer or Wisk because you've got racing to do, not a fashion show. You're just as funny in person as you are in writing. What'll it take to get you up to Mt Snow this w/e?

Velocity, bummed the timing has it you missed these two Nats, but we will have a proper welcome gathering in the pits for you and Freak at Plattekill.

Congrats to all the Hunnies who made it through the mud. Especially to Grizgal for a great finish in her first national race as a pro. Wheeeeee!

grizgal

Chimp
Dec 5, 2003
somerville
Velocity Girl said:
We're moving to Parsippany, NJ at the end of the month!!! Freak got a job out there and I'm going to be telecommuting. Figures that we won't be out there until after Snowshoe and Mt. Snow :( (And of course we're leaving before Schweitzer :p )

But we're most likely going to try and hit some of the Plattekill races! So were do you live out there? I would definitely love to hook up and do some riding :)
I'm not sure where that is in jersey...if it's close to mnt creek you're psyched! Awesome that you're going to some of the plattekill races - hopefully the courses will be better than last week (lots o' pedalling.) I'm up north, outside of Boston. We go to plattekill to freeride - and may do some mnt creek trips as well. We'll definitely have to plan a freeriding gals weekend (gals and freinds of gals.) If you have any q's about the p-kill races let me or chromegoddess know. They're tons of fun - and freeriding there is awesome. Almost welcome to the east! Oh, and now i get to see the power puff girls helmet in person!

Jan 7, 2004
D.C. area
chromegoddess said:
...Captn Jack with the Gemini slide!!! Haha. Anyone have a picture of that? Next time someone tells you to wear extra gear to keep the team jersey clean during your RACE RUN tell them to buzz off and look into a sponsorship from Cheer or Wisk because you've got racing to do, not a fashion show. You're just as funny in person as you are in writing.
God, I ripped my jacket and my pants! What a race! My poor Gemini was cowering underneath me, wondering what I was going to do next. The Gemini: Oh, no, here she goes, straight for that rock when she's leaning too far forward... AAAAAHHHHH! Somebody give this girl a Huffy and let me get away from her!

The Rain Jacket That Lost Me One Minute
I'm going to post that story later on this week. But in fairness to my team, my team manager is the one who was pushing the rain jacket... I hesitated but decided to buy it afterall when I imagined myself shivering, cold, and injured on a trail without a rain jacket in the rain, not all because he was urging me to buy one to keep my jersey cleaner. Poor guy. He couldn't have imagined the gargantuan struggle I ended up having on the trail with the jacket. :angry:
(People are gonna read this and think it almost suffocated me!)

Ok, so I've finally dug myself out of the mud and crap that's caked EVERYTHING! The car still stinks like the bottom of a pond! Ohhhyuck! Tammy, great meeting you too! You're a true spirit lifter! :-) I guess you'd have to be after enduring that Marathon death ride! I'm so glad you guys made it out of there ok without any "backwoods surprises" popping out in front of you!

Hopefully maybe we can hook up for a ride out East at some point! It's not too to meet you gals out in NJ or possibly Bromont...