Quantcast

"I give bikers a bad name"

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
dont even get me started roadies cause just as much accidents to motorist as other motorist do. i cant stand them on the parkway. they never get out of your way when there is clearly nothing in there way on the far left side of the lane. two when you go to pass them to get around there ass they decide to move over to the very middle of the lane so that you have to go all the way into the other lane. which could cause a head on collision, and well we all know that those kill people. what really gets me though if they cause the accident they are never gonna be at fault. now i understand commuters and they are even worse so if you are a roadie sorry for the crazy ass hole rant, but here its horrible. just remember that there are cars out there two and too respect them just as much as we try to respect you. okay rant over.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
I like it too.

I do most of the things he says, although I tend to stay off any major roads in the interest of self-preservation.

What I can't understand is why people can't just pass a cyclist NORMALLY. They are either so close they buzz you with their side mirror or they swerve all the way into the other lane. I usually ride on streets with marked bike lanes, so there is plenty of room for them to just cruise by.

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
It's crazy how angy at bikers people are. I just don't get it.

I will say that while the car traffic in Manhattan is pretty nuts, people are aware and used to bikes. In Seattle I almost got hit around 4 times a day. In 5 years, I've only had one close call here and once a cabbie 'bumped' me. He ended up sorry. His fares (most likely tourists) screamed.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
haha. I love motorist-biker animosity.

my all time favorite motorist moves:

pass biker on the left and proceed to cut the same biker off by making a right turn -generall, without signalling- in front of him.

impatiently and irrately scream past biker with v8 SUV on rev limiter only to have to slam on breaks for the next red light. that is assuming they dont just run red.

dumbass bike moves:

blocking the right hand turn lane.

flagrantly and intentionally holding up traffic for no reason other than to give motorists a hard time.

common motorist blatherings:

"i never even saw you"

"bikes dont belong on the road"

"i didnt think you were moving that fast"

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
dont even get me started roadies cause just as much accidents to motorist as other motorist do.
Dude, I put over 4k miles in on my road bike last spring and summer, I never saw a road cyclist cause an accident for a motorist (close calls due to stupidity on the cyclist's or driver's part? yes, but no accidents.). That was riding solo and with a team that at times reached 50-60 people in a group.

I saw half a dozen accidents involving motorist in the month of July this year and I was riding a quarter of the time I had been the summer before. I'm going to have to say that your opening statement is BS. Show me some actual numbers if you feel otherwise. If you have so many problems avoiding cyclists on the roads you need to learn how to drive or get off of the road.

As for the Craigslist article, I like it.

The Ito

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
thanks blue. sorry to sound like such a dick, and i guess what i should have said was that they can cause just as many accidents. it just drives me nuts when you get the roadies out there who think they own the road instead of share it with everyone else.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Kinda funny, kinda clever, but too self-centered. Fact is that every time a motorist sees you blow a light or intentionally block a car (like blocking someone trying to go right on red), you increase that motorist's resentment of all cyclists. That may be unreasonable but it's also reality. Not saying I don't break the rules now and then - I freely admit that I'm a little bit hypocritical on this one.

And if a motorist wrote a similar story about disregarding traffic rules it would probably get a very different reaction here.

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
And if a motorist wrote a similar story about disregarding traffic rules it would probably get a very different reaction here.
True.

Strange at it is and as little as I do drive I find myself hating to drive even more. This is mostly due to the fact that I HATE sitting at red lights and really dislike having to obey one-way road signs.

And yes there are some idiot roadies. However I think it is more them being completely stupid than intentionally trying to piss off drivers.

The Ito

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
Kinda funny, kinda clever, but too self-centered. Fact is that every time a motorist sees you blow a light or intentionally block a car (like blocking someone trying to go right on red), you increase that motorist's resentment of all cyclists. That may be unreasonable but it's also reality. Not saying I don't break the rules now and then - I freely admit that I'm a little bit hypocritical on this one.

Amen. I also do some illegal things if there is no traffic. I am also the "one" person on our local club rights that stops when there is traffic. Everyone else just goes.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
originally posted by boogey:stupid: I really need more people like him pissing rednecks off. He's an idiot. People that condone that behaviour are idiots.
please repeat. i dont understand your pretty boy golfer undertone.

originally posted by biggins
the guy that wrote that article is a prick.
agreed. ohh and here is a pic to show that bikes and cars do get a long.

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
please repeat. i dont understand your pretty boy golfer undertone.

agreed. ohh and here is a pic to show that bikes and cars do get a long.

Nice. I'm a pretty boy golfer because I don't think being an ass and making all cyclists pay for it funny. :think:

I'm all about the Ranger shuttle truck, so if you think we don't think alike, you might need to know me.

I have many witnesses from San Diego that will attest that I am way for taking the truck up. :D

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
f-150 but that is okay. ohh and im not an ass to all cyclist. just the ones that dont respect other cyclist. which most of the roadies i meet ummmmm dont so thats why im :plthumbsdown: when it comes to roadies. i mean i understand being a little cocky when it comes to your abilities but most of the ones that i have meet take it a little far so that is where i find my problem with them, and they think that they are so much better than motorist. so i apologize for my ass hole comment, and i do need to get to know you before i really throw something like that out there.

BIRDMAN111

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2006
at school dreaming about trails
that was sweet, i feel very simmular to what he feels

also i find that when i roadbike most of the guys i ride by or ride by me (fellow road bikers)dont even say hello or they act that im an inconvenience. the mountain bikers that i meet are cool guys who will stop and talk to you for a couple of munites and then you will part ways. its not the mountain bikers that seem like jerks where i live

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
^^^that is exactly the way that i see things too man. you come up on other mtbikers and they are always real friendly and are really easy to talk too. most of the roadies down here wont say a word to you and just think that they are so much better than you. that just drives me crazy. that is one of the big reasons i will never road bike due to the fact that the community doenst accept new people at all and when you end up being faster than them they hate you even more.

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
f-150 but that is okay. ohh and im not an ass to all cyclist. just the ones that dont respect other cyclist. which most of the roadies i meet ummmmm dont so thats why im :plthumbsdown: when it comes to roadies. i mean i understand being a little cocky when it comes to your abilities but most of the ones that i have meet take it a little far so that is where i find my problem with them, and they think that they are so much better than motorist. so i apologize for my ass hole comment, and i do need to get to know you before i really throw something like that out there.
I think you missed that we are on the same side on this deal. I rarely ride road lately. Mostly because the roadies here don't behave. :plthumbsdown:

I find mountain folks far easier to talk to. No sweat on the comment, bro. Yeah I see a 1/2 ton truck now that I pay attention.

jaydee

Monkey
Jul 5, 2001
Victoria BC
I dunno. Around here the mountain bikers and the roadies are all the same guys and they're mostly all cool. There are a**holes in every crowd; doesn't matter what kind of wheels you put them on.