Quantcast

i got a new truck!!!

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
this thing is sweet just got it yesterday.

93 ford ranger 4X4 V6 4.0L
4inch lift
flowmaster dual exhaust
10disc cd changer
1 disc in dash cd player/radio
power windows and door locks
power sunroof thingy
cool air horn
bedliner
cool brush gard
o and its a manual tranny

Gex

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2004
Seattle
Cool, but i find that rangers have 2 have the tail gate down 2 haul my 250 ktm :( on the other hand my f150 hauls it just fine :) but in all that truck is sweet! get some mud on it.

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
ya its not quite long enough to haul my cr125r either but thats okay i dont mind having the tailgate down. ya i cant wait to take it to reader pit or how ever you spell it i herd they got some good mud pits there

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
ya i originally wanted a toyota but they were too dang exspensive for me so i got this but i happy with it so whateva.

girlwhoboards: indeed yer cr80 will fit in the back with the tailgate up

Mocha

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Vancouver Island
Nice truck! We just sold our '99 Ranger. I have nothing but good things to say about it. It was the best vehicle I've ever owned. Fun to drive too!

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
girlwhoboards: bummer its being worked on but ya keep me posted

Mocha: ya there like second to the toyotas around that same year for quality and indeed they are fun to drive

DHanamal

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
Boulder, CO
Gex said:
Cool, but i find that rangers have 2 have the tail gate down 2 haul my 250 ktm :( on the other hand my f150 hauls it just fine :) but in all that truck is sweet! get some mud on it.
Are you putting the bike in at an angle, or does it still not fit?

Mocha

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Vancouver Island
cove rider said:
ya that truck is a bit diffrent than mine its the stepside version which has a narrower bed than mine

Yeah, we were a little concerned about buying a truck with a smaller bed, but it turned out okay. We could still fit 5 bikes in it. :)

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I had a 99 4wd with the 4.0L and it had a K&N filter, Gibson exhaust, and a superchip. That thing was actually pretty fast for a little truck.

boxxerace

Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
@ Japanese Gultch
Cove Rider: I know where you live! <enter stalker music>

I come like a thief in the night to thief your truck at night.

Wait a minute. That looks like a Ranger... a FORD ranger!!! What good is a chip going to do in a truck thats going to fall into many pieces as soon as you even loosely steer it in the rough direction of reider?

I will crush your puny truck! Crush I say! I mean, that is, when my truck is running and well, yah, after I get some new rubbers! Crush!

(everyone else can zoom into the picture to figure out where you live to thief, pillage and otherwise take your oh so sweet (- the ford) toys.)

DIZ

boxxerace

Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
@ Japanese Gultch
Funny thing about my temporary 31" tires, these are the same size as your "upgraded offroad (slicks) " that you have. 31" thats at least as tall as... nevermind. So, whats it like to be rolling around on tires that are the stock size for my truck? (ha... sounds so elementary schoolish)

Onto diz #2: My vehicles, unlike your truck will be in 6 months, are also insured. Yes, spell it out, I N S U R E D (which looks funny when you add spaces). So, I guess, besides the embarresment of driving a ford :stupid: keeping you inside, you wont be driving anywhere at all, no shuttling, no riding motorcycles with girlwhoboards, nothing! :dead:

Oh.. (this would be a semi dis, call it diz # 2.25) I got my license when I was 16 to the day. :) to bad the rules changed!

(ok... time to lighten it up a bit: So when are we going to go "break" in your ford out at reider? I have some trials we can take it on. (yes trials like bike trials)! Last time I was out there it was pretty wet, have a look. Let me know when you wanna go.

and

oh what the heck... subi rippin eastern wa

Sorry if we got off the bike topic!

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
boxxerace said:
Funny thing about my temporary 31" tires, these are the same size as your "upgraded offroad (slicks) " that you have. 31" thats at least as tall as... nevermind. So, whats it like to be rolling around on tires that are the stock size for my truck? (ha... sounds so elementary schoolish)

Onto diz #2: My vehicles, unlike your truck will be in 6 months, are also insured. Yes, spell it out, I N S U R E D (which looks funny when you add spaces). So, I guess, besides the embarresment of driving a ford :stupid: keeping you inside, you wont be driving anywhere at all, no shuttling, no riding motorcycles with girlwhoboards, nothing! :dead:

Oh.. (this would be a semi dis, call it diz # 2.25) I got my license when I was 16 to the day. :) to bad the rules changed!

(ok... time to lighten it up a bit: So when are we going to go "break" in your ford out at reider? I have some trials we can take it on. (yes trials like bike trials)! Last time I was out there it was pretty wet, have a look. Let me know when you wanna go.

and

oh what the heck... subi rippin eastern wa

Sorry if we got off the bike topic!
yers arent 31's i went right up next to them and they are 28's which probably means they are acctually 27's cause they always add one inch to make it sound better. mine say they are 32's but are really 31's.

anyways um about reider im guessing when i get back from my europe trip cause thats when i get my license. seems how i leave for europe one week from today w00t!

o and hey where are you in the subaru?

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
ya beverly that place is small and boring we went dirt biking there once and i got hit by a quad except i was okay and the guy on the quad flew off and his quad almost hit this guys truck but the owner of the truck jumped on the quad and stopped it. it was also all the guy on the quads fault he was looking sideways while riding . he was an idiot

boxxerace

Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
@ Japanese Gultch
yes Mr. M, cove sometimesIride rider is correct, the wife took the picture(s). There are more pictures at subaruoutback.org under boxxerace as well. The car was washed pretty well, although at one point I forgot to close the sunroof and windows, resulting in you guessed it, sand inside the car! Little Misa did not mind to much, she just grabbed a handfull and had a snack!

The sand was pretty good about not sticking to everything, it was wet underneath from rain the night before.

I do generally avoid sand... except I saw that aussie Mick doing it, so I had to give it a try!

Lets see that pavement cruiser (ford ranger) get dirty here soon!

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
yes the sand does seem to get everywhere and there is no stopping it but o well it sounds like it was worth it for ya.

ya i need to get a new set of tires maybe today or tommrow or somtime soon then im good except somebody has to ride with me cause its illegal for me to drive by myself so ya.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
DHanamal said:
Are you putting the bike in at an angle, or does it still not fit?
My 88 Ranger SC held my 89 Yamaha 250WR with the front tire in the corner with the back end slid over. If they are straight I have to drop the tail gate....but you would on any 6ft bed.

My Dakota is a 6ft bed....same problem/issue.

88 ranger could hold 2 full size bikes (front tires in the corners) with the tail gate down.

Langer

Monkey
Mar 27, 2004
Hiding
I always see highschoolers in their moms subaru outback ralleying Moses Lake Sand Dunes. It gets real good when they hit the whoop sections. :D

The best was when I saw all wheel drive Astro van get a 50mph head start for the mud pit. The van load of drunk highschoolers hydroed the pit and kept going. :D

I wonder why the banned alcohol in the sand dunes? :confused:

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
Langer said:
I always see highschoolers in their moms subaru outback ralleying Moses Lake Sand Dunes. It gets real good when they hit the whoop sections. :D

The best was when I saw all wheel drive Astro van get a 50mph head start for the mud pit. The van load of drunk highschoolers hydroed the pit and kept going. :D

I wonder why the banned alcohol in the sand dunes? :confused:
just to let ya know boxxerace isnt a high schooler for one and that definitely aint his moms subi