Quantcast

I hate beer. Yes. All beer.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Okay, almost all. I make a few rare exceptions. It tastes just...disgusting.

But, for the most part, I despise beer. I would rather take a bottle of the ****tiest hard liqour or wine available (you know, the rough equivalent of gasoline or rubbing alcohol) than a 12 pack of Newcastle.

What's wrong with me?

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
blue said:

But, for the most part, I despise beer. I would rather take a bottle of the ****tiest hard liqour or wine available (you know, the rough equivalent of gasoline or rubbing alcohol) than a 12 pack of Newcastle.

What's wrong with me?
Mods? Can you do something here?

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Wuss.

Something is wrong with you, that is for sure. I will say that Newcastle is good, but there are much better beers out there. Try a sweet summer ale, the stuff is nectar of the gods, pure ambrosia. From there you can always start moving to pale ales and other stuff.

Personally I don't drink a lot of beer, I just like a bottle or two with a meal. Though I'm not opposed to downing a 6 pack or so in a sitting.

The Ito

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
It's an acquired taste, I'll say that. I never liked beer until I started hanging out with some friends who never drank anything but beer. Just got exposed to it enough that I developed a taste (mostly a tolerance) for it.

It went past a tolerance, though, and now I actually really enjoy it.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Your what 17? Your supposed to hate beer and not drink it. Beer doesn't taste good until you go to college and it is served to you in the cleavage of horny co-eds.

I thought you were some straight edge punk anyway, or did the pics of hardcore kid change your mind?

Fathead

Monkey
May 6, 2003
SE TX
Westy said:
Your what 17? Your supposed to hate beer and not drink it. Beer doesn't taste good until you go to college and it is served to you in the cleavage of horny co-eds.
Nice imagery! Feel free to elaborate :D

Hey blue (reminds me of some beer-soaked softball games): try a hefeweizen or a nice cold marzen, maybe w/a little lemon in it. A lot of chicks like beer that way ;)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Fathead said:
Nice imagery! Feel free to elaborate :D

Hey blue (reminds me of some beer-soaked softball games): try a hefeweizen or a nice cold marzen, maybe w/a little lemon in it. A lot of chicks like beer that way ;)
Maybe he can try drinking it through a straw too.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Don't ask why but when I was 19 I spent a summer in a small town in Nebraska. It was the summer that Dr. Dre and the Chronic were big, all the kids were wanna be gangsters. I went to a party and all the bad ass farmer gangster kids were drinking Zima thinking they were hard core because it was malt liquor. I quietly laughed my ass off for hours that night.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I Are Baboon said:
Gangstas in their American Eagle/Abercrombie/Gap clothes drinking Zima?

They don't have AE,Gap Abercrombie in rural Nebraska. It was all Dickie work jeans 10 sized too large, mail order basball jerseys 3 sizes too large. I stuck out like a sore thumb, strangely being from NY gave me tremendous "cred". Although dudes kept wanting to fight me for no reason. I talked my way out of more ass whoopins that summer than I care to remember.

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
This is truely not the kind of thread that the beer forum deserves on a Friday...

I'm gonna have to drink an extra beer tonight just to appease the beer gods.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i used to hate beer, too. then i discovered Lone Star Light. mmmmm.....

then i had real beer, and cannot stand to drink LSL anymore. and i admit, i kinda dig the taste of Smirnoff Ice. especially when it's rather hot outside.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
The office here where I work we have Beer:Thirty every Friday.

Foosball and Guinness. Ahh.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
blue said:

What's wrong with me?
Dude. Newcastle is nasty.

-S.S.-

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
SkaredShtles said:
Dude. Newcastle is nasty.

-S.S.-
Our roadie is from London, and he laughs at the fact that they even export that stuff to the US. He says it's "poisonous crap beer for Northerners". Pretty much the Schlitz of England. I'd have to agree.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
H8R said:
Our roadie is from London, and he laughs at the fact that they even export that stuff to the US. He says it's "poisonous crap beer for Northerners". Pretty much the Schlitz of England. I'd have to agree.
I love Narlus' quote:

"You know what goes well with Newcastle? A finger in the back of yer throat." :D

-S.S.-

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
In my lifetime, I've not had many different kinds of beers...you know...all the crap beer (Bud, Miller...Keystone :eek:), Heineken, lots of microbrew stuff from Squatters. I have yet to find one I truly enjoy.

Does Bacardi count? Thats like...bitchier than Zima...sprite with cough syrup.

At SO I drank half a Newcastle and then left the rest. The next day, I forced my self to semi-chug one of those Blonde Ales...I wanted to puke...so damned nasty!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
blue said:
Does Bacardi count? Thats like...bitchier than Zima...sprite with cough syrup.
You mean those Bicardi Breezers? Nothing wrong with those. Just make sure you put on pink lipstick and a skirt when you drink one. :)

:p

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Well have you had a Guinness? (but enough anal retentive spelling corrections) Seriously though try some hefe weizens, from experience people who don't usually like beer have liked them. Or try Hoegaarden, nice example of a witbier that might not be as displeasing because of the citrus hints in it. Only last thing I can think of it seems people who are new to beer seem to like lagers, I did for a very brief time when I first started drinking...Then I realized that I pretty much couldn't stand them. I've seen other people do the same. Its an acquired taste, but hey some people just don't like it (is that really true, I can't imagine not liking the delicious taste of a nice porter after a hard days work). Well thats the end of my semi coherent rant.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Haha this thread is hilarious.
i gotta say i've always thought the same thing as Blue. Back in the day when i drank though it was all about a means to an end. An end which usually had me goin to work then next day still half crocked. Anyways before i changed my wicked ways and became the tea totaller i am today i actually acquired a taste for Widmere Heffeviessen Wheaten Ale. Squeeze the lemon in your glass and bottoms up.

gschuette

Monkey
Sep 22, 2004
Truck
blue said:
What's wrong with me?
Are you Mormon? If so that probably has something to do with it. If not you probably have a mental condition or something.

Actually I was invited to a "Mormon Party" the other night. I knew it was going to be lame because this hardcore Mormon kid told me about it. Apparently they were going to do this. Buy a ****load of sugar cookies and non caffeinated sugar drinks and get all hopped up on sugar. I knew I wasn't going to go when the kid told me when it was and I REALLY knew I wasn't going when I found out they were going to get "wasted" off of ****ing sugar. Oh man that **** was so damn retarded I wanted to hit the kid. SO anyway I went to real party and got wasted off of some Crown Royal and Rolling Rock and some herb. Oh yeah a real party! It was tight!

How can you not dig beer?

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
gschuette said:
Are you Mormon?
Nope. And they have people that AREN'T Momo in Cedar City?! Amazing...

I :heart: hard liqour...I will drink any proof of anything straight, but beer, just, no...it's disgusting. It tastes like ass sweat. WHY?!

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
SkaredShtles said:
Guinness is overrated, burnt swill, for the most part.

I did enjoy it on tap in Ireland, though. :think:

-S.S.-

Guinness = chocolate milk that goes good w/ steak.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I Are Baboon said:
:think:

:think:

Dude...you've tasted ass sweat?
Well, I've tasted regular sweat, and I can only guess that ass sweat is just regular sweat with a good head to it, so I think I will safely assume that I know exactly what ass sweat tastes like. It tastes like Newcastle.