Quantcast

i lol'd when i saw this on the Lemon Lot at lunch...

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
In the late 70s & early 80s there were not many choices available for 4wd passenger transportation. You had various Jeeps, Broncos & Blazers and Subaru - nothing in the middle. Subaru was a VERY basic option and Jeeps where not as capable in snow as one would think. In its day, the AMC Eagle was fairly popular in Colorado.

Stolen from the net...

"As for the AMC Eagle, I met a guy a couple of years back who owned one of these all-wheel-drive station wagons; he commuted twice a week from BC's Okanagen Valley to Vancouver in it. He thought there wasn't a better vehicle for the job. And if you look at an Audi Allroad Quattro or Volvo Cross Country, they both owe their raised suspension and AWD configuration to the old Eagle."

Last edited:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
that thing is pretty friggin rad! i wanted to do that paint job on my subaru since it's already a mix of bondo, dents, and rust....but the wife is very resistant to the idea as we've been using it as the main commuter in lieu of the less MPG mini-van.

$1750 seems a bit steep IMO though, i got my '94 wagon for less than that with a new motor and transmission.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
that thing is pretty friggin rad! i wanted to do that paint job on my subaru since it's already a mix of bondo, dents, and rust....but the wife is very resistant to the idea as we've been using it as the main commuter in lieu of the less MPG mini-van.

$1750 seems a bit steep IMO though, i got my '94 wagon for less than that with a new motor and transmission.
but can you take your wagon thru 5' of water?

didnt think so!

:D

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I saw one of those in the parking lot of the Sun Valley resort between a Beemer and a Benz. And opposite a Sebring convertible, natch.

Broken_Spoke

Mr. Big Hot Pastrami
Feb 26, 2003
Bozeman, MT
There are several of those around here. I don't know the gas milage numbers of one of those but I bet it is better than my truck. I should probably look into getting one.