Quantcast

I love free bikes.

Bushwhacker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
Tar Effing River!! NC
Had some friends over Saturday evening to do some grillin and chillin. Most times when we have these little front porch gatherings my next door neighbor wanders over to hang with us. Now my neighbor (like myself) likes to imbibe in a few cocktails over the weekend...this night he tore up from the floor up.

So we are all sitting around having a good time when he looks blearily at me and says "I thought about you yesterday as I was throwing my old touring bike in the dumpster at work." I asked him what kind of bike it was. He says it was a "Zebra" something or other 10 speed touring bike that he bought brand new in 1976. I asked if it had a lion on the headbadge and he said it sure did. He asked if I was interested and I said Oh hell yeah. Around 2 in the morning he stumbled his way home and said he would go retrieve the bike in the morning.

Around 8 am my wife and I went to look at some property and got home around 10. This was sitting on my front porch...

Nothing super special other than it is 32 years old and it was free. Suntour, Dia-Compe and and Araya make up the parts group. Tires, tubes, cables and seat and I will be something that resembles a "roadie". I wonder what kind of looks I'll get rockin baggie shorts, flats and a Pro-tec?