Quantcast

i-mac coming in 3-4 weeks!

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
After some hard thinking & talking to alot of people, I went with the i-mac.
I am so psyched! It is going to be a long 3-4 weeks too.
here are the specs.....

iMac G5 1.8GHz w/17"
512MB DDR400 SDRAM - 1 DIMM
160GB Serial ATA drive
SuperDrive (DVD-R/CD-RW)

I have been using hand-me down computers forever, so i am thinking this machine is going to rock my world. :D
:dancing:

Will_Jekyll

CUSTOM Chimp
Aug 10, 2001
Superior,CO
sweet, I've been thinking of picking up the new I-mac that has an LCD with the CPU behind it. My PC is a 6 year old PII that I only use as a web server. I use my company lap top as my personal PC. Which works out good except when I switch jobs and am with out a PC for a few weeks when I need it the most.

brock

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Tacoma, WA
How long before Sydasti (sp?) posts in this thread? I somtimes think here opens ridemonkey and does a quick search for Ipod, Mac, or Apple first thing..... :p

Anyway. I want one. I'm getting one of those new ones before the end of the year.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Let me know what you think of it... I'm actually thinking that my Blue G3 that I work from at home is getting a little too out of date to work efficiently on. If the iMac lives up to all the hype It may become my home workstation.... Hell, the G5 that I have at work (the one I am on now) is so damn fast it makes working on just about anything else seem like, well, total crap.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Transcend said:
I want a G5 laptop ASAP. Only I'm broke for the time being again. :-( They are so cute too.
g5 laptop? where? when was this released? :oink:

fatpandas

Chimp
Sep 8, 2004
atlanta
congrats, i stopped by the mac store here the other day and the new imacs are stunning, the pictures on their site don't do them justice at all.

hope you enjoy it... #ell, i know you will. i have had a tibook for there years now and have never been disappointed, except when they turn out the new ones, but that's the way it goes with cutting edge tech.

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
TN-

Congrats on the new Mac. Those things are soo sweet. The G5 is amazing.
I have an eMac G4 at home and it is cool but I just got a new dual 2.5 ghz G5 w/ 23 display and it absolutley screams. It even has a freekin radiator.
Im a pretty happy camper these days!

joel

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Transcend said:
By Christmas apparently.
:(

I'll still be broke.
i hope you're right. i've just heard rumors of a speed bump, still with the same form factor, not that there's much wrong with it :D , and still with the g4. if apple releases a pbook g5 or even a tablet pbook g4 i'll be all over it :thumb:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
should be here next week!! :dancing:

I am stoked to the max! (since the last time I used an apple was in the '80's (apple 2e) I am gonna use 80's lingo & wear my parachute pants, bust out my old ALF beta maxes....)

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
TN said:
should be here next week!! :dancing:

I am stoked to the max! (since the last time I used an apple was in the '80's (apple 2e) I am gonna use 80's lingo & wear my parachute pants, bust out my old ALF beta maxes....)
Just got my new 2x 2.5ghz and it roars.
One tip though - get yerself some more RAM - OSX likes ram, and I'd say 1ghz is really needed to start seeing the full potential of the machine.

Good luck with it.

quadricolour

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Cambria, CA
You're in for a treat man! I've been using a Mac as my primary computer for the past 2 years, OS X is fantastic! Good opportunity to learn UNIX too if you're into that kind of thing.