Quantcast

I need a recipe

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Fried catfish

Make a 50/50 mix of corn meal and all-purpose flour.

Beat two eggs.

Season fish with salt and pepper.

Dredge fish in dry mix, then in egg and again in dry mix.

Fry in peanut oil on med heat until golden brown.

This method, using half corn meal, results in fish that is not nearly as greasy.

If greazeee eats are yer goal, just wrap the whole thing in bacon and deep fry.

Last edited:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Maybe I should fill everyon in, I have a freezer full of fish I have caught recently. Trout to be exact, most all at least a pound of meat, and I am justg etting tired of the recipes/methods I have currently for cooking them up and want something different. Normally I grill, smoke, or broil them, just looking for something new

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Well if it's trout I guess you can get all fancy and use vadgetable oil instead of lard or something. If you mash up some cashews and fry the trout with those in some olive oil.. it's real good. Again, just drop them in flour first.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Maybe I should fill everyon in, I have a freezer full of fish I have caught recently. Trout to be exact, most all at least a pound of meat, and I am justg etting tired of the recipes/methods I have currently for cooking them up and want something different. Normally I grill, smoke, or broil them, just looking for something new

Oh, in that case feed the trout to a hog, slaughter it and smoke whole.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My favorite, is cooked whole with the skin removed, stuffed with garlic cloves and butter, soaked for at least an hour in a bourban teriyaki marinade, and cooked over either a Meskite<sp> or hickory chip in the smoker untill its a nice flaky golden brown.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
My favorite, is cooked whole with the skin removed, stuffed with garlic cloves and butter, soaked for at least an hour in a bourban teriyaki marinade, and cooked over either a Meskite<sp> or hickory chip in the smoker untill its a nice flaky golden brown.
Jesus, I've been living off crappy food for like 2 months due the the road trip. I'm coming back to California so you can cook for me.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
Ok check it out, went up to the lake tonight, and got to chatting with another guy out on the lake in a tube, got me a couple pound trouts, and we were talking about how to cook them, well He gave me a really simple and Damned good recipe, thought I would share

Of coarse the hardest part is preparing the fish for deepfrying, once you know how to properly FIllet a trout your set for this, ok here we go

one cup bisquick
one large egg
whatever spice you like
and mis it up with your favorite dark beer till you get the consistancy of pancakes, dip the fillet, drop it in the deepfryer.

Damnit it worked good.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Ok check it out, went up to the lake tonight, and got to chatting with another guy out on the lake in a tube, got me a couple pound trouts, and we were talking about how to cook them, well He gave me a really simple and Damned good recipe, thought I would share

Of coarse the hardest part is preparing the fish for deepfrying, once you know how to properly FIllet a trout your set for this, ok here we go

one cup bisquick
one large egg
whatever spice you like
and mis it up with your favorite dark beer till you get the consistancy of pancakes, dip the fillet, drop it in the deepfryer.
Damnit it worked good.

This makes Chef Baby Jeebus cry...