Quantcast

I need some feedback...

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
I've got some ideas, but haven't decided yet. Any suggestions?
pick up a hunter s. thompson novel. flip pages and randomly stick your finger in and hit a word. write it down. write about 40 more words down. then you will either see the name right there or the words will make you think of something else that will work.
and it has to be hunter s. thompson. heh hehh.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
Yeah, the proto frames got delayed a little bit, but we should have them sometime this month. Hopefully sooner rather than later. I've got all the parts laying around for a sweet build, but no frame!! I'll definitely post some pics as soon as I get the frames.

Strauss

Monkey
Aug 22, 2007
Bonus points if you can get her to wear nothing but BMX pads, gloves, helmet.

Make it work. I need this.

Strauss

Monkey
Aug 22, 2007
Ha, I wish. She's too Hollywood for me. Smokin hottie, though...

Haha. I'll ask, but I probably can't afford it... she gets paid big money for those shoots!!
No doubt... I figured. Some hot chicks never go off duty though.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
if you dont already have a name for it.... i'll PM you a list of 30 suggestions. if u use one, some kinda hookup?
Do it. I'm pretty much settled on a name for the company and bike. But, if you have something better, I may use it. If I do, I'll hook you up for sure.

arcadecycles

Chimp
Dec 3, 2008
Hey Man, you guys might be into our 24" Frame the Juggernaut. Here are some Photos. Let me know what you think.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
Yeah, your Arcade frames look pretty sick. You should start a thread about them, or have your buddy Stoked start one. I've seen some pics, but I don't think most people know about them.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
how about some pictures of the damn thing. like some spyshots that show nothing at all just to prove that u're serious.........
It's funny that you say that. The other day I was bored and I placed all of my new cruiser parts on my old Mutiny Burlish frame... just to get an idea of how it might look and because I'm a bike dork like that. Of course, the back wheel doesn't fit, but a little photoshop fixed that problem. The stance should actually be pretty close to this. BB will be a bit lower, top tube and seat tube a bit longer.

again, THIS IS NOT IT...

pumpkinator

Monkey
Dec 4, 2008
i can only guarantee the any one of you and i do not care if you are a pro cross racer or a juvenile backyard dirt jumper, any time you want your efforts on a bike and in life to improve in general, spend some quality time on a road bike. it just does not work the other way around and i know because i strated out on a cross bike and then a dirt jumper and and an xc for a few years and in the less than two months of ownership of me Pumpkinator (S, every thing improved. just my opinion but a gauranteed one at that!

do what you will with it but think about this, Lance armstrong , best ever road cyclist, beat all of his little girly nemesis' time at the leadville (mtn bike race of 100 miles) , just like i knew he would do on his first attempt. granted he came in second, he beat all 12 or 13 of wien's previous personal best times.not bad for a roadie, huh?

road cycling, it demands respect.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
It's funny that you brought this up. I just received the prototypes today. However, we have an issue. I found out a few weeks ago that the protos were built around a suspension sized fork. It's my fault, because it even shows it on the drawings and I never noticed it (well, I actually noticed it a few weeks ago... but, then it was too late). I guess I was too caught up in checking all the other geo dimensions and didn't even think about checking if it was based around the correct fork size. I feel like such an idiot for not catching it. Lesson learned.

So, now I have two 24" mtbmx frames. Luckily, a few friends of mine were thinking about buying similar bikes, and they offered to buy these. I still plan on pursuing the cruiser frames. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to make more prototypes or just place a production order for the correct frames using our best judgment on the geo. I'd like to have protos, but you have seen how long that takes. I'll keep you guys updated for sure.

Here's what I got. They actually look pretty sick. The quality seems excellent with great looking welds. Extra super limited edition...

Last edited:

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
kind of an epic fail, no offense, but at the same time those frames do look rather nice.

i'm still eagerly awaiting pics of the cruiser!

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
kind of an epic fail
I know, right? I blame you guys for not catching it on the drawing, either. :bonk:

You have no idea how pissed off I was when I found out. I started to blame my supplier, because in all of our correspondence I said that it was based around a 24" cruiser fork. Even gave them the correct axle to crown. But, in the end, I approved the drawings. So, I take the blame.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
i have no idea how it would fit into your finances and business model, but offering the mtbmx for sale along with the cruiser might make sense. It's not like there are tons of dialed frames in that category... though there are more and more each season.