Quantcast

I officially have lost all respect for Lance.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
:mumble: I mean WTF he goes on about in his book. How it's important to let other ppl win stages when he's in the lead. Kloden should have one **** Armstrong that was just cheap of him and I hope all the worste for him in the rest of the Tour. ARgh rant over for now. :mumble: Go ahead shut me down but Lance is a hipocrit

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I thought it was cool to see Lance snatch away Kloden's victory... the guy had PLENTY of opportunity to win.. all he had to do was actually race all the way to the finish line... not celebrate before it...

rockracing

Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Cape Town, South Africa
not the biggest lance fan, but every second counts, kudos to him, he is riding so awesome at the moment, a pleasure to watch him dominate.

it's one thing letting someone win, but who sure as hell don't let a potential threat to your overall beat you and get 20 seconds on you ??

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
JMAC said:
:mumble: I mean WTF he goes on about in his book. How it's important to let other ppl win stages when he's in the lead. Kloden should have one **** Armstrong that was just cheap of him and I hope all the worste for him in the rest of the Tour. ARgh rant over for now. :mumble: Go ahead shut me down but Lance is a hipocrit
lance had much more in the tank at the end, and wanted HIS TEAMMATE to win. When that wasn't going to happen, he won another one for US Postal. Of course, winning for your team sucks huh?

Also, you do realize all the cash he makes with stage wins/overall win goes to his domestiques right? 2 years ago he threw in the "lance bonus" and DOUBLED what each rider got out of his own damn pocket. Ya, such a bad guy. :rolleyes:

He may be juiced into oblivion, but he is a hell of a nice guy and loyal to his teammates.

Kloden didn't deserve anything, you work for your win. Lance and Floyd worked. Lance won.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
JMAC said:

i bet lance can spell :eviltongu

i say ship him off to.....to....to.....Africa!

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Transcend said:
lance had much more in the tank at the end, and wanted HIS TEAMMATE to win. When that wasn't going to happen, he won another one for US Postal. Of course, winning for your team sucks huh?

Also, you do realize all the cash he makes with stage wins/overall win goes to his domestiques right? 2 years ago he threw in the "lance bonus" and DOUBLED what each rider got out of his own damn pocket. Ya, such a bad guy. :rolleyes:

[snipped], but he is a hell of a nice guy and loyal to his teammates.

Kloden didn't deserve anything, you work for your win. Lance and Floyd worked. Lance won.
:stupid: That about covers my opinion, save the offending snippet. :)

Anyhow, other than Basso, he's the only competitior anywhere close and Jan's teammate. Why in the Hell would he give Kloden, if anyone, a freebie?

D

Dingus McGee

That stage finish rawked. Lance taught him a valuable lesson.

I'm not a Lance fanatic although I am rooting for the historical 6th and 7th in
a row. I don't like Nike or Made in China stuff, yet I find myself wearing the $1
wristband. A bundle of conflict.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
JMAC said:
I bet Lance could take on the entire French army by himself :D

Nitromike

Monkey
May 14, 2004
Some ghetto in Houston
ghostrider said:
I'm sure I should know this, but what is this mysterious wristband?

Support and inspiration come in many forms and from many places. As a tribute to Lance's inspirational fight against cancer, yellow Live Strong wristbands will be sold in an effort to raise $5,000,000 for the Lance Armstrong Foundation (LAF).

bomberz1qr20

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kloden got owned at the line, that's what bike racing is all about.

Definately the most exiting last 1k of any stage this year.

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal
JMAC said:
You're loony.

As others have said, Lance was trying to give this stage to Landis. When Jan marked Landis on the downhill, it was clear that Ullrich was going for the stage win himself. Lance's thinking became "if they're not going to have the decency to let the guy who pulled them up the hill take this stage, I'll be damned if I'm going to let one of them have it. GAME ON." Actually, he did say "game on."

Besides all that, Kloden and Ullrich are overall contenders. Hell, Kloden could creep past Basso, one of Lance's good friends, and in the worst case, could catch Lance if something catastrophic happens in the TT. That 20 second bonus would help Kloden a good bit. On a stage that means nothing, or where there's a gentlemen's agreement among riders, give the stage away. This was not the case for stage 17, so fvck em. :D

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Racing, ALL racing is about one thing. WINNING. period. It's not about being an inspiration to anyone, and it's not about helping a weaker competitor get the warm fuzzies. Personally, when I was racing (cars, not bikes) if anyone had "let me win" I would be insulted. If I win, I want to win because I was the best that day, not because I am an inspirational story to anyone or because another competitor felt sorry for me. Think about it. If you had won a race, any race, becuase someone else essentially let you win, then that winning moment would be tarnished for the rest of your life.

Lance has a job to do. That job is to win. I think alot of the things that Lance and his fellow competitors do off the bike are great, and it's wonderful that there is such comeraderie on the Tour, but when the race starts everything but the race and the focus on winning must be set aside. Otherwise, what's the point?

ghostrider

7034 miles, still no custom title
Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
Nitromike said:

Support and inspiration come in many forms and from many places. As a tribute to Lance's inspirational fight against cancer, yellow Live Strong wristbands will be sold in an effort to raise $5,000,000 for the Lance Armstrong Foundation (LAF).
I gotta get me one of those. There's a bandwagon I am happy to jump on.

RideND

Monkey
Nov 1, 2003
Mandan, ND
I hear you Heidi. One of my friends cut his and then duct taped it smaller and another just ziptied the extra in a ball. I just deal with it.

Nitromike

Monkey
May 14, 2004
Some ghetto in Houston
Ciaran said:
Personally, when I was racing (cars, not bikes) if anyone had "let me win" I would be insulted. If I win, I want to win because I was the best that day, not because I am an inspirational story to anyone or because another competitor felt sorry for me.
Same here .. I've had a few people even ask me to give them a pass in the semi's "cause you've already got sponsorships and I'm still trying to break in" No thanks .. if someone beat me its because they had a faster car, not because I felt sorry for em. Races like that I'd actually lean on the car harder than a normal race and make em look worse than if they'd just tried to beat me.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
bomberz1qr20 said:
Definately the most exiting last 1k of any stage this year.
Ohhhh, I don't know about that one. How about that flat stage where the euskatel(sp?) rider from the breakaway got nipped 5, 10 feet from the line?

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
man ya'll get over it. if i were lance i would just stomp the hell out of everyone every single stage all 6 years. i wouldnt give anyone anything at all. get greedy and just kill it. lance is a badass.

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
It seems ppl are losing respect for Lance left and right. Yesterday's win at the line and now today's run-in with Simeoni. I have to say, THAT was pretty cool. He showed everyone how he owns this race :thumb:

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Later reports said that Armstrong was "thanked" by many riders for his stand and that Simeoni was abused by some and left to slip to the back of the peloton for a lonely day in the saddle that left him on the verge of tears and quitting.
There's no crying in cycling!

If Simeoni is such a boil to the cycling world, then I think Lance deserves insane props for chasing him down and forcing him to rejoin the peloton. For Lance to think of the honor of the sport over the Yellow (not that it was really in jeopardy) says a lot about him, even if some of the honor he was projecting was his own!

I can't wait to hear the OLN announcers in about 30 minutes covering this. God bless OLN's repeated coverage.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
LordOpie said:
There's no crying in cycling!

If Simeoni is such a boil to the cycling world, then I think Lance deserves insane props for chasing him down and forcing him to rejoin the peloton.
Are you saying you're happy that the boil got lanced?