Quantcast

i ride this thing???

aznfreerdr08

Monkey
Aug 26, 2004
Concord, CA
my ride. i hope to get an MOB over this upcoming summer but until then, this is what i have.

Azonic steelhead
24" atomlabs
azonic 454 cranks
.243 racing bars
hoffman bmx stem (flipped upside down)
05 marzocchi z1fr with a nemesis project travel reduction kit down to 65mm
haro flat pedals
blackspire 36tooth chainring
e13 supercharger bashguard (outside)
mrp(inside)
avid bb7 in the rear
hoffman dj seat
****ty kenda k rad in the back
bald arrow racing tire in the front(not sure which one)

im running a pretty ghetto single speed set up. i have a road cassette on there so i can adjust the gearing depending on which trails or park i ride that day. and im using an old shimano lx derailer to keep it tensioned and in place.

Attachments

aznfreerdr08

Monkey
Aug 26, 2004
Concord, CA
yeah, i actually was thinking about one. im really not sure on what i want to get. a lot of options have been running through my head. the mob is currently at the top of the list. how much are the tonic fall guys going for?

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
$550. If you are going to stick with 24" wheels the tonic would be a better choice. I think the BB is way too low on the MOB when you run 24's. The fork you have would be perfect for a tonic as well.

ufdff15

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Central Massachusetts
I agree with scurban, if you sticking with 24's go with the tonic fab fall guy or the Nemesis Project Streetfighter. Those are two of the best 24 specific frames out there. The only down fall of the fall guy is the BMX rear hub. How is the fork working for you? I have a Z1 sport lowered to 75mm coming my way shortly from brad

aznfreerdr08

Monkey
Aug 26, 2004
Concord, CA
its excellent. i was so surprised. i had never worked on my fork before then. it was incredibly easy to set up. post some pictures when you get it set up.

The Kadvang

I rule
Apr 13, 2004
six five oh
scurban said:
$550. If you are going to stick with 24" wheels the tonic would be a better choice. I think the BB is way too low on the MOB when you run 24's. The fork you have would be perfect for a tonic as well.
I concur with this gentleman... don't run 24" on the Mob, its not designed for them. The tonic would be dooooope.

ufdff15

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Central Massachusetts
aznfreerdr08 said:
its excellent. i was so surprised. i had never worked on my fork before then. it was incredibly easy to set up. post some pictures when you get it set up.
I will do that, i'm cheating though, i'm not doing it myself. It's brads prototype for the Z-1 sport.

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
The Kadvang said:
I concur with this gentleman... don't run 24" on the Mob, its not designed for them. The tonic would be dooooope.
so Kaddy, when are you going to come down to SC and ride? I got the some nice stuff built up.

The Kadvang

I rule
Apr 13, 2004
six five oh
scurban said:
so Kaddy, when are you going to come down to SC and ride? I got the some nice stuff built up.
shoooot i need to get my new ht built up... i was down in your hood last weekend to surf... soon as im done with college **** and have a life again, should be post new years

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
FR4life. said:
or u could just buy a bmx...
Or you could have the best of both worlds with a suspension fork, better brakes, and very nimble bike with a 24" set up.

24" bikes are where its at.

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
ufdff15 said:
I agree with scurban, if you sticking with 24's go with the tonic fab fall guy or the Nemesis Project Streetfighter. Those are two of the best 24 specific frames out there. The only down fall of the fall guy is the BMX rear hub. How is the fork working for you? I have a Z1 sport lowered to 75mm coming my way shortly from brad
Personally I say get the StreetFighter !
You will be able to run your gears without problems or haveing to switch out too many parts !!

You already have seen the quaility I put into my fork kits
Just amagin how bas ass one of my frames really are !!!!

Plus your fork is already set up for a streetfighter !!

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
ufdff15 said:
I will do that, i'm cheating though, i'm not doing it myself. It's brads prototype for the Z-1 sport.
Already done and it's so flipping sweet !!!!
Seriously feels like a mini 66 !!
and it's much lighter than my new Dj2

Let me know when you want it UPS to you !!!

ufdff15

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Central Massachusetts
Evil4bc said:
Already done and it's so flipping sweet !!!!
Seriously feels like a mini 66 !!
and it's much lighter than my new Dj2

Let me know when you want it UPS to you !!!

Hey brad! some how I forgot about the fork :nuts: email sent

kenjikuro

Chimp
Jan 14, 2006
hey any website from the nemesis project? i want to lower my fork too. but mine is 30mm stanction hmmmmm

scbiker06

Chimp
Sep 6, 2005
Washington
that seat tube on the evil is the grossest thing ever.. and u have it slammed to... what a lameo.. the frame is nice except for that

aznfreerdr08

Monkey
Aug 26, 2004
Concord, CA
scbiker06 said:
that seat tube on the evil is the grossest thing ever.. and u have it slammed to... what a lameo.. the frame is nice except for that
didn't your mother ever tell you that if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all? douche bag

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
scbiker06 said:
:mumble: Then buy a dremmel tool and a box of cutting disk's the take it off genius !!!!:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: