Quantcast

I rode my first skinny!!! WooHoo!!!

luvz2ridez

Monkey
Jul 19, 2006
Shoreline, WA
I was on this trail, doing very well I might add, and around this corner I came and there it was. Well, instead of thinking about it, like I normally would, and chicken out, next thing I knew I was ontop of it and down the other side! Then I screamed out "I just rode that! WooHoo!" Take that skinny! :eviltongu Of course I had to go back and do it again, and again I rode it. I also rode my first roller and a log bridge. Very good day riding.
PS. I get my new fork put on tomorrow, a Marzocchi III All Mountain! Can't Wait!

luvz2ridez

Monkey
Jul 19, 2006
Shoreline, WA
No, I have to start bringing the camera on the trail so I can practice and have my hubby take pics, I keep forgetting. How do you like the Marzocchi? I have a Manitu right now, it's ok... Can't wait for the Marzocchi, I'm told it'll make a huge difference...

weimie

Monkey
May 11, 2006
Boulder, CO
Congrats!

I fell off a ladder bridge over the weekend, following too close to the rider in front of me and didn't realize there was a teeter, had to stop fast and tried to put my foot down but got nothing but air....slow fall sideways to the ground :o:

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
luvz2ridez said:
No, I have to start bringing the camera on the trail so I can practice and have my hubby take pics, I keep forgetting. How do you like the Marzocchi? I have a Manitu right now, it's ok... Can't wait for the Marzocchi, I'm told it'll make a huge difference...
It's stiffer than the psylo I had on the bike. So I like that. The SL does not have any on the fly travel adjustments for climbing... Don't like that. The manual is confusing. And I already lost my shock pump adapter.

It has a totally locked out state which is nice (not as good as U-turn), but I've already forgotten to take it out of that state once for a DH and got rocked. My own dumbness.

Sorry for the rambing, but to sum up: I do like how much stiffer it feels than the Psylo I had.

bella

Monkey
Jul 30, 2004
portland or
congrats on the skinny!!! i rode my first one this weekend as well! theyre scary as hell but its an awsome feelin once youve kicked its ass :

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
stephanie said:
sweet! that trail was awesome...i can't wait to go back next year and ride, ride, ride! :love:

(though at least in that picture, the log is dry!)
it was one of the most fun trails. rode cbc down to boogieman. i really want to go back. and there were soooo many skinnies and crazy ladder bridges to challenge my balance!

i wish i could ride it today. sigh.