Quantcast

I screwed up BIG i'm stupid

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Ok i'm supposed to have finished my Preparation phase which was really about 5 weeks long which is good acoording to Freil. So i was thinking and writing on my calender my day by day schedule for base 1 but than i realized i screwed it all up.
I'm supposed to get the base 123 than build 1,2 and than peak for like 2 weeks or something than i would have my first race. Anyways i got all my dates messed up so that i would peak something like 4 weeks before my first race. I had ment to leave an extra week incase i get a cold or something. So now i figure i should do another 3 weeks of prep which pisses me off cause prep is really boring and i was looking forward to doing something a little different.
So should i do that or should i just start my base now and maybe add a few days here and there to my bases and builds?
I know i'm and idiot:D

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Originally posted by JMAC
Ok i'm supposed to have finished my Preparation phase which was really about 5 weeks long which is good acoording to Freil. So i was thinking and writing on my calender my day by day schedule for base 1 but than i realized i screwed it all up.
I'm supposed to get the base 123 than build 1,2 and than peak for like 2 weeks or something than i would have my first race. Anyways i got all my dates messed up so that i would peak something like 4 weeks before my first race. I had ment to leave an extra week incase i get a cold or something. So now i figure i should do another 3 weeks of prep which pisses me off cause prep is really boring and i was looking forward to doing something a little different.
So should i do that or should i just start my base now and maybe add a few days here and there to my bases and builds?
I know i'm and idiot:D
just keep building base turd boy :D

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
i just added like a week to each Base so it should be even better;) I've got a really nice detailed plan for the next 5 weeks which will be my base 1 and it just so happens my rest week ends up being the week of Christmas which is perfect. I've got all the time changes for each week so i won't get flat fitness. I also made my rest day for each week on Tuesday because thats the night i usaully go to the movies:D So it's all good once again Indie thanks for the advice. Do you know of any big races that you are planning on going to next summer that's like in Vermont or something cause i want to do atleast one race in the states maybe road and MTB. That way we could meet. Also does Sea Otter have races for my age 15 because i just might be able to go back to Monteray this March like last year than i could rent a Santa Cruz bike and race it.:p

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
i just added like a week to each Base so it should be even better;) I've got a really nice detailed plan for the next 5 weeks which will be my base 1 and it just so happens my rest week ends up being the week of Christmas which is perfect. I've got all the time changes for each week so i won't get flat fitness. I also made my rest day for each week on Tuesday because thats the night i usaully go to the movies:D So it's all good once again Indie thanks for the advice. Do you know of any big races that you are planning on going to next summer that's like in Vermont or something cause i want to do atleast one race in the states maybe road and MTB. That way we could meet. Also does Sea Otter have races for my age 15 because i just might be able to go back to Monteray this March like last year than i could rent a Santa Cruz bike and race it.:p
no problem i wouldn't worry about the hard stuff right now, the hard training will come later. just keep doing base. the bigger the base you have teh better off you will be later on down the road. you may not realize it at first and might be dissapointed w/ some races but don't worry about it. train through your races and you'll see the results come later on down the road. i'm going to try and go to sea otter but i'm not positive yet. i'll be doing all the ambc races down here until the nationals come. i'll probably attempt to go to all the nationals except big bear and possibly not go to durango. yeah more then likely i'll be at vermont. that race is so much fun!!! try to hit up as many road races as possible, you will only get stronger from those. and yes there are classes you can race out here being 15. you can either race the junior olympic series 15-16 or race junior X w/ the big boys. i will unforunatly be gettin dicked out of my last year as a junior and will have to race senior next year. oh well......

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
You'll be racing senoir but i thought you were 17 here 15-16 is cadet this coming year will be last. Than 17-18 is junior sport and junoir expert.
Road races i'll be able to do loads of them cause there's like at least 1 every week thats like 30min from my house and the rest of them are like say an hours drive so i can do lots of road races. Also i will be doing my first road race around the 20th of April not exatly sure of the date and than i have a couple more road races i can do before my first MTB race which will either be a Canada Cup or Quebec cup. So i should be ready for MTB racing when it comes.

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
You'll be racing senoir but i thought you were 17 here 15-16 is cadet this coming year will be last. Than 17-18 is junior sport and junoir expert.
Road races i'll be able to do loads of them cause there's like at least 1 every week thats like 30min from my house and the rest of them are like say an hours drive so i can do lots of road races. Also i will be doing my first road race around the 20th of April not exatly sure of the date and than i have a couple more road races i can do before my first MTB race which will either be a Canada Cup or Quebec cup. So i should be ready for MTB racing when it comes.
yeah i'm 17 right now, but i turn 18 on december 26. which means next racing season i will have a racing age of 19 according to norba's n the uci's age regulations. the rule is your racing age is however old you are at the END of the year. well since my bday is the 26th of december i am 19 at the end of next year. so i get screwed out of my last year as a junior. oh well