Quantcast

I think I'm going to brine me a leg-o-lamb...

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
:drool:

!!!!!

1/4 cup kosher salt
1/4 cup sugar
12 medium garlic cloves
1 boneless leg-o-laaaamb without sirloin attached

Brine in the frig for 2 hrs...

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
dude...you need at least 8 hours in the brine...especially if it is a leg. How big is it? Bone in?

We brined a roast of lamb (the cut was whatever the top of the leg is called) last Saturday & it was the frikkin' bomb. I will never cook another chunk of lamb again without brining it first.

I also suggest adding some anise seeds, caraway, balck peppercorns & star anise to your brine.

I also suggest.....

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
TN said:
dude...you need at least 8 hours in the brine...especially if it is a leg. How big is it? Bone in?

We brined a roast of lamb (the cut was whatever the top of the leg is called) last Saturday & it was the frikkin' bomb. I will never cook another chunk of lamb again without brining it first.

I also suggest adding some anise seeds, caraway, balck peppercorns & star anise to your brine.

I also suggest.....

OUI! OUI!!!!!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i just got a bottle of l'ermitage from Chasse-Spleen for $25 from my local wine mart...i had a bottle when we were in Paris and it was outstanding...was psyched to see it for such a good price here. i recall the bottle being around 20 euro in Paris, and that was 2 years ago.