Quantcast

I tore myself out of bed this morning

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
Well it took a lot of effort but i tore myself out of bed this morning at 5:45 and went for a ride till about 7:30. It sure does feel good once you wake up and are moving, but it sure does suck to get up and go out and pump up the tires.

I am making a goal now to ride at least 3 mornings a week. Hopefully I can tear myself out of bed on a regular basis now. :)

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I rode a 100 miles last Saturday and was on the road by 5:30AM, the afternoon heat is too much for me and we were expecting 90 to 95. Its cool because there is little to no wind and only truckers and fishermen are on the road. It's a nice feeling but I still prefer to do my hammer rides at night, something about battleing the wind makes me feel core. :thumb:

When I lived in Colorado (there were a lot LESS people) we would meet in Boulder at 7AM and head for the foothills - it felt sooooo cold that early.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Serial Midget said:
Thunder storms in Bend? We have had a remarkably good summer here on the harbor - screw pollution control, global warming rocks.
:thumb:
No, I was talking about Boulder!

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Heidi said:
No, I was talking about Boulder!
DOH! I am not very bright. Gully washers every afternoon but they don't last long. I grew up in Douglas county so we could see the storms gather on hot afternoons - they seldom made to our area though.

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
It is pretty brisk in the AM, Though it was pretty nice, I didn't really have to deal with traffic till about 7 or so. I have been trying to ride every afternoon but like heidi said that damn rain keeps coming through.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Motionboy2 said:
Isn't it supposed to rain in the PacNW rather than in CO everyday? I don't get it
I get about 70 to 80" of rain a year - slow and steady all winter long but the summers really are quite nice. Hell the winters are not bad either - very temperate and doesn't get in the way of bike riding at all. As long as you don't mind being wet...

Arm On Fire

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
Exeter, NH & Acton, MA
Because of my life situation, I found that the only time I could ride is in the mornings, before work, luckily there is a shower at my office. The first few times it does suck, but you get into a sort of rhythm I guess. Been doing this since April in New England, and it is frikin' cold lotsa mornings. I had to wear a long sleeve this morning! Now it is just part of my daily routine.

Wife did get mad, waking up early, means going to bed earlier.
She calls my bikes, my girlfriends, best quote out of her mouth:
"I don't see you waking up at 4:30 to ride me!"

Ouch that hurt! Couldn't help but laugh, only made the situation worse.

Ha!

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Arm On Fire said:
Wife did get mad, waking up early, means going to bed earlier.
She calls my bikes, my girlfriends, best quote out of her mouth:
"I don't see you waking up at 4:30 to ride me!"

Ouch that hurt! Couldn't help but laugh, only made the situation worse.

Ha!
:eek:

Look on the bright side, at least you didn't tell her that the bike never turns you down :D

bella

Monkey
Jul 30, 2004
portland or
i am far from a morning person but ive found that since ive started riding in the mornings if i dont do it one morning it is impossible for me to work the rest of the day.
although this 530 am wake up is not enjoyable once that morning new england air hits me im thankful i got my ass outta bed

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
bella said:
i am far from a morning person but ive found that since ive started riding in the mornings if i dont do it one morning it is impossible for me to work the rest of the day.
although this 530 am wake up is not enjoyable once that morning new england air hits me im thankful i got my ass outta bed
I feel the exact same way about jalapeno cheese bread. :cool: