Quantcast

I win at the n00bednesses

Corksil

Chimp
Apr 10, 2006
Maui, Hawaii
;) Don't hold it against me.

I went for a decently long ride yesterday, prolly about 20 miles or so, mostly downhill into town. At any rate, when I got into town, I bike around a little until my friend came down.

In the process of biking around, I scored myself two flats. Made me feel really smart. :D

So, now my badass bike has two flat tires. :(

mr2monster

Chimp
Jul 23, 2005
When I used to BMX I would take my old tubes and clean them off real good. Make sure that there are none of the thorns left in them and then cut them along the inside perimeter and cut out the valve stem. then I would blow up the new tube just slightly and wrap teh old one around the new one. Then, finish putting on your tires and rims.

Now you have extra protection against things like thorns n such..

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
i had a maxxis downhill tube in both my wheels. the rear one lasted through 3 downhill frames.the front last through 2.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
biggins said:
i had a maxxis downhill tube in both my wheels. the rear one lasted through 3 downhill frames.the front last through 2.
They rock! I gave one to a buddy when he flatted and he tried to replace it with a piece of crap. It was refused. :mumble:

Corksil

Chimp
Apr 10, 2006
Maui, Hawaii
New tubes... simple answer.

Interesting concept with the tube-over-tube idea, I likey. I think I will do that. I am looking at getting some tubes from some on-line store soon, as soon as I get some $$ into the right bank account. Yes, downhill tubes do look like the ones to buy. Thanks for the shouts.

Corksil

Chimp
Apr 10, 2006
Maui, Hawaii
Maybe I will do that, I am getting a list together of things I need to get done/do to that bike, and I will prioritize them by $$ etc, which will decide my course of action.