Quantcast

Icycle 2008 02-02-2008

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Anybody got some spare lights. The one Brado was gonna let me borrow kicked the can. It's me and Greg (aka motocross ninja) and we're gonna be short on vision and long on brews.
Dang Butch you gonna need somebody to do your race run too! hahaha
just givin yah sh!t - hope you get it together.
I'll be sittin' this one out, considering the weather forecast I can use
the weekend pass later on in the season.
Have fun guys! Turn one up for me...

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
Just wanted to let ya'll know I was confused about practicing for the DH race so I called Sycamore. The official practice shuttle starts at 2pm but anyone can run their own shuttle all day. Just an FYI to anyone else who's wondering the same thing.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
What time are ya'll gonna be there with that "max daddy" shuttle truck?

[I think someone should tell manimal that the crazy kids are saying "mack daddy" these days :D]

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
He's like that honkey cop from Sanford and Son.:rofl:

As far as the icycle, I will be there early for the XC.:rockout:
One more green square next to your name and you get to be a moderator!

Check me out on a borrowed bike(props Kenan!), an old school light...and a willingness to sorta pedal. One 30 minute road ride has been my training for the last month leading up to the event. Good to know my commitment to excellence will bear fruits in the "bitter watches of the night"....

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
One more green square next to your name and you get to be a moderator!

Check me out on a borrowed bike(props Kenan!), an old school light...and a willingness to sorta pedal. One 30 minute road ride has been my training for the last month leading up to the event. Good to know my commitment to excellence will bear fruits in the "bitter watches of the night"....
You'll still probably have a better time than me (on my bike) and I've actually been working out a few times a week. :clapping:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
"Hoowah! AsheWhistler is a muddy, soddy puddle of a bogwoggle." said the Hobbit.

Seriously...get your waders on boys...she's gonna be piss greasy...but a balmy and sunny 60 degrees! "Yeeee....hawwwww!!!!
I'm bout tuh dew et! GIT SOME!"

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
That last switchback section is going to be NASTY! it sucked last year after it froze over.....that's the only section i think noah might have a problem with. i think i'll tell him to skip it and just huck straight down the hill ;)

Bushwhacker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
Tar Effing River!! NC

Sweet...that's my girl in the light blue jacket on the far side behind the rider in the yellow....Must have been the start of the beginner/big bike race. I totally forgot that this was this weekend....

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
too tired for a full write-up at the moment but we had a blast! relatively warm and not too slick compared to years past. noah got in about 5 runs and nearly gave me a heart attack on his first one....he was going so fast i thought his brake cable broke :eek: turns out he's just getting really fast :D
he hurt his wrist on his race run but i think it's just a sprain.
if ya missed it this year you missed a helluva good time :thumb:

Jun 11, 2004
too tired for a full write-up at the moment but we had a blast!
Agreed! This was my first Icycle and it was an awesome experience!

Riding/racing at night definately added a really cool element. I know most of us do this stuff (racing, freeride, jumping, etc.) for the adrenaline rush. Well I haven't experienced too many moments in riding where the adrenaline was higher than going mach speed at night on a 5 foot wide...steep trail with that kind of exposure on my right side........it was definately SICK! I know most of us like to scare the sh*t out of ourselves and walk away unscathed.....MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
The Icycle simply rules.
It rules for a whole of bunch of obvious reasons, but I found another reason this weekend.
You have DHers racing the XC, and you have XC guys racing the Night DH. It is just how it used to be when I started racing when mountain biking was mountain biking, before all the little groups started breaking off.
I gotta get a hardtail now and really go back to my roots.:clapping:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
The Icycle simply rules.
It rules for a whole of bunch of obvious reasons, but I found another reason this weekend.
You have DHers racing the XC, and you have XC guys racing the Night DH. It is just how it used to be when I started racing when mountain biking was mountain biking, before all the little groups started breaking off.
I have a frame that doesn't like me.

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
The Icycle simply rules.
Well said. It was only the second DH race I've done, and got to admit it was way laid back and super fun. The way racing outta be. Good time, good peeps, and plenty of PBR. I only did the DH, but the wife did the XC and DH. It was her first DH and said everyone was super nice and she felt no intimidation. I think she is hooked on the DH. :cheers: