Quantcast

IE7 Error

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
For the past 2 days I've been getting an error on about 1/3 of the pages I try to load. I end up clicking "Ok" and then hitting my back button which usually results in the page loading (but not always).

Please see attached screen shot. This happens on my laptop and 2 desktops at my office that are both running IE7 as well. Any ideas?

Attachments

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
have you tried clearing out the cache? maybe there is something foul in there. Tools > Browsing History > Delete

that or one of the pop-ups is causing probs

Last edited:

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
Yeah I'm close to isolating the source of this. Sorry for the trouble.

RD3

Monkey
Nov 30, 2003
PA
I get the error too. It also takes forever to get pages to load most of the time, much slower than it used to be.

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
Same here with XP and IE 6.

There is some sort of re-direct going on I think. Once I get the page to load via a couple of refreshes, it takes at least two 'back' clicks to get back to the original page

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I was getting it w/ IE7 as well. Now on a different computer w/ fire fox, no problems.

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
i noticed that happening to me too, plus when i was trying to get to the classified section, that backcountry ad would take over the page and not allow it to load. and i couldnt close out the ad either.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
i noticed that happening to me too, plus when i was trying to get to the classified section, that backcountry ad would take over the page and not allow it to load. and i couldnt close out the ad either.
These are the two problems that I am having as well.
I keep getting error messages. I even got one when I tried to click onto this thread.:busted: I basically just hit the back button a couple of times to get it straight, but it is happening alot.
Also, when that backcountry ad scrolls down on its own, it will not let the rest of the page load, and like others have said, you can't click off of it.
I am not complaining about the ads or anything, just letting RM know what the deal is with them.

Riding

Monkey
Dec 19, 2006
Millis, MA
I've been having this issue for a couple days as well, but today is ridiculous. I was thinking it was the Backcountry ad as well. Or maybe just a change in how the ad's get generated.

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
I've got support tickets in with the ad serving company. Sorry for the trouble.

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
Just some more info:

Seems worse today than in the last few days (average 4 or 5 refreshes to get page this morning)

When I get error, the top ridemonkey banner loads, and the grey background....then the error msg. However....most times the 'backcounty.com' drop down continues to load and ends up being the only item that does actually load.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
yeah, it's those backcountry "widget" ads. (shop within this widget, or whatever). It's ruining all my fun.

The regular backcountry ads work fine though. Firefox, on my home computer, works fine, but that's my vista megamachine, and this is my work computer made of cement and lincoln logs.