Quantcast

If Chemical weapons were found......

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
i don't understand why it matters. The UN knew Iraq had/has chemical/bio-weapons and Iraq was charged with destroying them. If Iraq didn't want any problems, then they should have proved their destruction.

Spud

Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Idaho (no really!)
I’d believe it. I also think our national interests would be well served if we brought in UN weapon inspectors for third party confirmation.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
I believe that there is a way to check through DNA analysis.
The US has certain strains and other countries have other strains, so it is not as simple as just taking some of ours and bringing it to Iraq. Chem-weapons are a little easier to "plant" IMO.

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
It looks as if we may have.

This morning in a military facility near Karbala.
Drums have been found containing what preliminary tests indicate may be nerve and blister agents.

Samples are on their way for conclusive testing.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Originally posted by Damn True
It looks as if we may have.

This morning in a military facility near Karbala.
Drums have been found containing what preliminary tests indicate may be nerve and blister agents.

Samples are on their way for conclusive testing.
Hopefully it isn't more pesticide...

"Smoking gun" WMD site in Iraq turns out to contain pesticide
1 hour, 50 minutes ago

NEAR NAJAF, Iraq (AFP) - A facility near Baghdad that a US officer had said might finally be "smoking gun" evidence of Iraqi chemical weapons production turned out to contain pesticide, not sarin gas as feared.

more...

Spud

Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Idaho (no really!)
This morning it was reported as Sarin and Mustard gas loaded on warheads and mounted on missiles. Now it is pesticide in drums? :confused:

Both are possibilities, time will tell.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Originally posted by Spud
This morning it was reported as Sarin and Mustard gas loaded on warheads and mounted on missiles. Now it is pesticide in drums? :confused:

Both are possibilities, time will tell.
I think these may be seperate issues, the 'storage facility' story still seems like it might pan out.

Caution LIBERAL NPR Link

Soldiers with the Army's 101st Airborne Division discover what they believe to be an Iraqi storage site for chemical warheads, U.S. commander says. Describing the discovery as a potential "smoking gun," the official says soldiers found in a warehouse outside Baghdad about 20 medium-range rockets with warheads containing sarin and mustard gases.

patconnole

Monkey
Jun 4, 2002
bellingham WA
I'd believe it-- but the US is in a position where it HAS to find them, whether they're there or not, so the find will always be questionable. Unless I go over there myself and get to sniff around the drums. "Oh jeez, that's Iraqi sarin!"

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Harry Carrey--
"Oh Norm, if I had a Mohawk scalp I wouldn't be sittin' here talkin' to you. I'd be relaxing on a tropical island!"

"Why's that?"

"Because...... They're highly valuable. Mohawk!? You can't find one of those!"

Did you see the one with Joan Allen? That was the funniest of all of them.