Quantcast

ignoring a member

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
isn't the idea that you don't have to see what THEY'RE doing/saying?
are you asking to make people ignore you?

also; HTFU may apply here :D
the old site format didnt show anything from the person on your ignore list and they couldnt reply to you as well since they couldnt see your post.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
the old site format didnt show anything from the person on your ignore list and they couldnt reply to you as well since they couldnt see your post.
Um, nope. The old site let people on your ignore list respond. And you can't force someone else to not see your posts.

Worked the same way as this site. You ignoring someone doesn't mean they have to ignore you back.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Um, nope. The old site let people on your ignore list respond. And you can't force someone else to not see your posts.

Worked the same way as this site. You ignoring someone doesn't mean they have to ignore you back.
then how was i not able to see those who were ignoring me until i logged out and viewed as a guest?? there was no "show ignored content" before that i recall

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
then how was i not able to see those who were ignoring me until i logged out and viewed as a guest?? there was no "show ignored content" before that i recall
Are you referring to vBulletin?

That's not the default behavior, and we had no add-ons installed that affected ignore lists. It worked the same as here - you didn't see the person's posts, and there was a place you could click to view an individual post if you wanted to. I can't remember if it affected the person's ability to PM you, but it definitely didn't hide all of your posts from the person that you ignored,

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Are you referring to vBulletin?

That's not the default behavior, and we had no add-ons installed that affected ignore lists. It worked the same as here - you didn't see the person's posts, and there was a place you could click to view an individual post if you wanted to. I can't remember if it affected the person's ability to PM you, but it definitely didn't hide all of your posts from the person that you ignored,
In most cases when you ignore, they can still see your posts, but they can not directly PM you.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
its too much to ask for. its not like every other forum i use doesnt have an ignore list for people that are fucking annoying.
What are you talking about?

There's an ignore list here. It works just like most ignore lists: you don't see someone's post unless you explicitly click the link that says to show it. They also can't send you new private messages.

There's a reason it's named "ignore list" and not a "block this person from seeing my stuff" list. You are ignoring them. You don't get to decide that they can't see your publicly posted content.