Quantcast

IH Hollowpoint proto

gmac

Monkey
Apr 6, 2002
Anyone catch a shot of the new Ironhorse Hollowpoint Prototype in Decline mag ?

Looks nice. Wanted to see another shot of it.

heikkihall

Monkey
Dec 14, 2001
Durango, CO
Its not the Hollowpoint. Well really I dont know what they are going to end up calling it but it is the DW link Iron Horse DH bike. That was an early prototype built with some obscure tubes and will not look anything like the actual bike if it makes it into production.

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
:stupid:

(actually I think they meant to run a photo of the MTX frame they snapped at Interbike)

-ska todd

FarkinRyan

Monkey
Dec 15, 2003
Pemberton, BC
Yeah, I've seen the pre-release catalogue...all I can say is it currently contains 2 long travel DW-Link bikes (an 8" FR and a 7" DH model) and a 7" single-pivot cheapass DH race rig (the Yakuza)that looks the absolute tits and is being pimped at a super-low pricepoint (even in our feeble Australian pesos).

The Yakuza is DW-designed, so you just know it's gonna be the number one choice for online mountain-bikers everywhere, only the slightest hint of visual flex was noticable during testing.

*EDIT - Just for you Todd* The "visual flex" comment was a "joke". I have neither seen a Yakuza in the flesh nor ridden one and as such I am dangerously unqualified to comment on the level of visual flex the bike may experience while online mountainbiking.

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Originally posted by Knuckleslammer
Hey, where's my MTX by the way? :(
Some MTX frames were rcvd and shipped. Others are still in Taiwan waiting for hardware. I know it sounds like a lame excuse but it's been a tough year getting steel bolts!

-ska todd

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
aha!

the plot thickens!

i just had a friend who is in the roof-making business stop by and i remember him complaining about that the prices of all things steel and iron had gone up 35% the last months because of chronic shortages after all inventories had been exported to asia!

so it was your fault then!

;)