Quantcast

***Il espresso sunderp. GMT***

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Might be taking the kids to Ruby Hill bike park so that the elder one can try the mini mtb course there.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
get yourself a jura and spoil yourself at home...mmmm

been a hectic morning for farters day. maybe i'll get a bike ride in later. too bad @StiHacka made plans with @w00dy before I could even respond to the email. oh well, have fun!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Just got a phone call that one of the guys in our riding circle was killed last night while riding on a side by side. Damn. Not sure of details, but they said it was instant.

Stay safe out there fellas.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Anyone ever troubleshoot a small engine pressure washer? Engine only runs with the choke open. Doesn't rev up to create any pressure. Starts burning a little bit of oil too. Tried carb cleaner with no success. My Google Fu is currently failing me.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Anyone ever troubleshoot a small engine pressure washer? Engine only runs with the choke open. Doesn't rev up to create any pressure. Starts burning a little bit of oil too. Tried carb cleaner with no success. My Google Fu is currently failing me.
Check the spark plug for gunk and gap.

Is it burning oil or just running rich because of the choke? If it is burning oil you might have compromised compression whuch likely means das ist kaput.

Make sure the carb float needle isn't gummed up.

A lot of engines have governors that control the throttle based on air flow from the cooling fan. If a spring is stretched, linkage bent they are near impossible to get back to normal, but it could be something simple like debris jamming up the works.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Also if you left gas in it over a long period it could have absorbed water and gone to shit. Give it some fresh go-go juice.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Americans drink shit coffee I discovered while traveling in Asia.

Also, seriously hard rain between Bozo and Billings this AM. I hope it clears out over the week so on my return trip I can ride the bikes!

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Productive day so far. Rode with @w00dy, had beers after ride, cut large window glass to size without breaking it, prepared yummy lunch. Now about to open beer #2 and turn off my brain for the rest of the day.

Sorry @Sandwich, we will facebook you next time.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Clean the muffler/spark arrestor as well as what westy said. Check your spark plug wire and connector for corrosion. May as well check air cleaner while your at it.

Happy Father’s Day to the fathers out there. Your all mother fuckers.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
I hope it clears out over the week so on my return trip I can ride the bikes!
I have weather forecasts for most local ride locations bookmarked:

Bangtail Divide (BZN)
https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lon=-110.86183265686066&lat=45.826630332988486#.WyaguadKjIV

Muskrat (Boulder)
https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lon=-112.04556028287739&lat=46.2965329519985#.Wyak5adKjIX

Weather to dry out NEXT week, if your return dates are at all flexible:

upload_2018-6-17_12-8-23.png

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Holy balls. Rode some, but got drained by the heat even while chugging water.

It's so humid here even the rocks are sweating.

Not sure what's going on here, but someone raked a new trail and went right around the ROX with some enderpo turns. The fack bro??

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Just over 8 hours outside in 90° heat, but it's basically done. Cooked from all the working. No biking, no pool. But heady topper and some fine cheeses.

IMG_20180617_165918.jpg

Last edited:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Just got a phone call that one of the guys in our riding circle was killed last night while riding on a side by side. Damn. Not sure of details, but they said it was instant.

Stay safe out there fellas.
That sucks man, sorry to hear.

If you didn't run it dry before storing it, probably going to need a new carburetor. Happens to my Dad's every couple years and I end up taking it to a local shop for him.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Planted my flag on the hill I'm dying on. Wifey has been pushing me about getting the Infiniti into the garage, which is not realistic if I'm going to have a garage and have the M in it. The cement footprint is the same width but walls are 18" narrower and the depth is 2' less than our last house, and the door into the house is not centered. One of my big requirements for moving was to have a 3-car garage, which I did not get; I did get a smaller garage and a storage until that fits the yard and garden related items (of which I already had one).

I made it clear that if we want to fit two cars in, everything has to come off the ground and I lose my garage - which has always been a mandatory. She will have to park up against the wall on the shallow side of the garage which is only 10" longer than her car, or back into the other side - which isn't happening. I also made it clear that I will not be able to get my tools or anything else without moving her car, so she will either need to move her car every time I need to get access to tools or add whatever is broken to the honey-do list. That list is way too long and priority items are such that if I don't do small things as they come up, they do not get done. Plus if she pulls in too far and takes out the support beam for the shelves on that side, 300# of chems and storage are coming down on her hood.

I'm going to have to build a ton of off ground shelves and rafter supported storage to even make this work, let alone giving up any semblance of a workbench to get two cars in. Easy access to my tools and regular usage items will be a non-starter as well. Honestly, once I figure out my cost on this and have numbers to give to her, I might just tell her no. You get a gorgeous deck and view like you wanted, but you lose your parking spot.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Planted my flag on the hill I'm dying on. Wifey has been pushing me about getting the Infiniti into the garage, which is not realistic if I'm going to have a garage and have the M in it. The cement footprint is the same width but walls are 18" narrower and the depth is 2' less than our last house, and the door into the house is not centered. One of my big requirements for moving was to have a 3-car garage, which I did not get; I did get a smaller garage and a storage until that fits the yard and garden related items (of which I already had one).

I made it clear that if we want to fit two cars in, everything has to come off the ground and I lose my garage - which has always been a mandatory. She will have to park up against the wall on the shallow side of the garage which is only 10" longer than her car, or back into the other side - which isn't happening. I also made it clear that I will not be able to get my tools or anything else without moving her car, so she will either need to move her car every time I need to get access to tools or add whatever is broken to the honey-do list. That list is way too long and priority items are such that if I don't do small things as they come up, they do not get done. Plus if she pulls in too far and takes out the support beam for the shelves on that side, 300# of chems and storage are coming down on her hood.

I'm going to have to build a ton of off ground shelves and rafter supported storage to even make this work, let alone giving up any semblance of a workbench to get two cars in. Easy access to my tools and regular usage items will be a non-starter as well. Honestly, once I figure out my cost on this and have numbers to give to her, I might just tell her no. You get a gorgeous deck and view like you wanted, but you lose your parking spot.
///M life Shyamalan

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

Let me translate: She’s telling you to sell the ///M, not build a bunch of shelves.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Let me translate: She’s telling you to sell the ///M, not build a bunch of shelves.
Oh I know and I don't give a flying fuck. I'm not selling the M and I've told her that multiple times. Told her that if I sell it I'm just going to what to buy a new one, so what the hell is the point? If I sell the M, I sell the Subaru and buy a Polestar which is more expensive than both combined and we're back to the same place. Her car is worth the same amount as the M and dropping quickly, the M is actively going up.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

have you considered the fact that maybe you have too much shit?