Quantcast

***Il Friderp GMT***

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Don't be a bitch and not hit me up for Helena.

EDIT: or this which is a little early in the season for my legs but provides a 7 mile descent with virtually no uphill traffic. paging @Montana rider

@boostindoubles , it's only a 6 mile climb/downhill, but who's counting ;)

https://www.trailforks.com/trails/muskrat-creek/

upload_2018-6-15_15-25-14.png

Trail is a bit more burly (read: rocky) than most of the goods around Helena, but I can understand the allure of the free town shuttle and post-ride libations at Helena brewpub.

I haven't gotten out to the Bangtails (Bozeman) yet but that should be riding by now, if you want to hit up something else en route back to Washington:

https://www.trailforks.com/region/bangtail-divide-22256/

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
ho-lee-shit did our ride today beat me down. but i needed it. started at otv trail system. rode to the top, then out the back into wilson creek. then climbed back to the otv system and blasted down it. moto trails are fun. so are the reactions of the moto dudes when they see you riding there. only 20 miles/3600’ of climbing but i am le tired. wife went to dinner with a friend, 8yo still at camp, 12yo playing with a friend...so it’s time for porch beers!

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
@Serial Midget
@Montana rider

That trail looks like a hoot. I'll be in the vicinity Friday - Sunday 22/23/24 Gonna be poking around and checking things out since I haven't been in Helena yet. I'd be down to chase tires if you guys have time.
Cool. I am down for Sunday AM. :) If you are near Great Falls Friday afternoon / evening we have some of the best XC in the state.

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Reboot it naow!!

Is Drew Hill out of the way?
We ended up avoiding Drew Hill. Mt Lion loop followed by Mustang-Mav-Longhorn.

Followed by a Longhorn drop because why not? Thanks @Toshi for gettin' us up there and props to @Full Trucker for gettin' me back to my truck.

I fucking love Longhorn.

And for @Adventurous - bon voyage, my friend. May your Funemployment be long-lived and fruitful.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
@Serial Midget
@Montana rider

That trail looks like a hoot. I'll be in the vicinity Friday - Sunday 22/23/24 Gonna be poking around and checking things out since I haven't been in Helena yet. I'd be down to chase tires if you guys have time.
I've been hanging in Idaho (fixing up a rental cabin) lately, but ping me back if/when you guys make a plan.

I'm a possible/maybe for Helena trails, but I generally avoid weekend rides on popular trails, and I'm not in shape for a 6 mile climb (seems like Midge and I ran into snow at the top last year around this same time and we had an epic snow year...) but that ride is "closer" to me, so I wouldn't mind taking my bike for an uphill walk...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Super tired. And not from having fun. :stosh:
Are you pregnant, perchance?

Fun ride today with @Adventurous and @SkaredShtles . Even if not a full Pano down loop doing Mountain Lion plus WR from top to bottom (including that painful wooden stair section up to the top of Mustang from the top lot) was quite enough. 14+ miles, ~2500 ascent, and 4000+ descent.

Because the Commencal dudes were flakes and forgot to charge the bikes after they were turned in after demo rides yesterday I headed out with a battery showing 3/5 bars. Thus the shorter loop--would have died before Drew Hill and just been a huge sufferfest from there, as the e-bike basically felt like a regular bike with a flat tire when the juice setting was at 0.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I've been hanging in Idaho (fixing up a rental cabin) lately, but ping me back if/when you guys make a plan.

I'm a possible/maybe for Helena trails, but I generally avoid weekend rides on popular trails, and I'm not in shape for a 6 mile climb (seems like Midge and I ran into snow at the top last year around this same time and we had an epic snow year...) but that ride is "closer" to me, so I wouldn't mind taking my bike for an uphill walk...
I'm thinking Muskrat Creek Sunday AM would be the biggest payoff. I'll e-mail you when the plan develops.

Riding weekends in Helena is like riding in Colorado, I heard there are now one way trails and you have to yield to hikers. HIKERS!!! The shit part is there are not enough mountain lions attacks to scare them off and the bears are only getting a few dozen a year. Thank god for hunting accidents... I guess.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
So then it's settled, @Toshi pedals his bike from now on. Period.
No, no, I just start out with a full charge. :D It wasn't fun to lift that beast over the tailgate of Watz's truck but it was fun to ride.