Quantcast

***Il Sunday GMT***

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Buongiorno!

After trains, trains, some more trains, and a very expensive and surprise cab ride, we are in the Tuscan country side. A bit of a shock after Paris with all the nothing that is happening, but it sure is beautiful. We're stuck without a car because I guess in Italy they roll up the streets on Saturday afternoon, and don't unroll them until Monday. Everything is closed because the pope is watching. Not sure what we're going to eat or how we will get there, but whatever. We are going to need some coffee though, or there will be an international incident.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
:wave:

Buongiorno!

After trains, trains, some more trains, and a very expensive and surprise cab ride, we are in the Tuscan country side. A bit of a shock after Paris with all the nothing that is happening, but it sure is beautiful. We're stuck without a car because I guess in Italy they roll up the streets on Saturday afternoon, and don't unroll them until Monday. Everything is closed because the pope is watching. Not sure what we're going to eat or how we will get there, but whatever. We are going to need some coffee though, or there will be an international incident.
Sorry to hear @Pesqueeb, best of luck! May the spaghetti be with you!
upload_2018-6-10_7-26-59.png

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
getting picked up by a friend in an hour. Going to help him clean up a homeless camp from his property ( along with the local sheriff who will perform a civil standby) Hopefully they got all their crap out and we don't have a lot to clean up. County was going to fine him if they didn't clear out and he didn't clean up the mess. Tractor guy is coming tomorrow to disc the area for fire code conformance so they need to be gone.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Had vivid dreams about being at a new job and not knowing where stuff was in a sprawling building.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
getting picked up by a friend in an hour. Going to help him clean up a homeless camp from his property ( along with the local sheriff who will perform a civil standby) Hopefully they got all their crap out and we don't have a lot to clean up. County was going to fine him if they didn't clear out and he didn't clean up the mess. Tractor guy is coming tomorrow to disc the area for fire code conformance so they need to be gone.
Oh that sucks big time, at least transients are tidy.

junkyard

Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
@Pesqueeb have fun in Siena. I was there in 1999, I was 18 and on a family trip with my parents and younger sisters. That place really stuck with me, eat a gelato out of a hole in the wall place for me. I’ll go back when my kids are older.

I was got up to go ride this morning to find Karla had slept all night on the couch with the 2 year old. The two year old was tearing shit up. After I got that organized a bit, I looked at Karla and said “ are you gunna puke?” Her reply was to puke all over the hallway, door jam, door, bathroom floor. Guess I can ride later as she is sick now and I’m watching kids.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
R u in Siena?
Near enough

@Pesqueeb .....have you found food yet?
Thankfully, yes. Farm owners son gave us a lift to the only grocery store open on a Sunday where we managed to procure fruit, bread, cheese, cured meats, wine and beer enough to muddle through. He's also going to hook me up on Monday with a ride back into Siena so I can rent a car.

While the car situation is frustrating, the locals have been nothing but great.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Woo bikes. Did a bolt check on the DHR, but should have opted for a brake check instead. No front brake due to contaminated pads. Parked at the top of the hill, so of course had to go back up to get my bank card and then ride down again sans brakes. :rofl:

New pads are in. Time to ride.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Man time flies while riding DH. Today's lunch menu features an entire pineapple and beer.

Need to get this fork serviced. It is jackhammering like crazy on the chundery bits.

@mykel how 'bout them concrete solid clay ruts, eh.

junkyard

Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Man time flies while riding DH. Today's lunch menu features an entire pineapple and beer.

Need to get this fork serviced. It is jackhammering like crazy on the chundery bits.

@mykel how 'bout them concrete solid clay ruts, eh.
Try wiping it off with your napkin and use your dominant hand. Smoothly put the pineapple in your mouth. Should reduce the jackhammering effect your experiencing

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Well that was interesting. I LOVED the way the instinct rode on the swoopy xc. It was actually easier to wheelie and manual, which blew my mind being a 29er. I think fast, tight turns are more fun on the Altitude though.
I would definitely consider owning one just to piss Woo off.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
It’s hot as balls here in Denver.

@jonKranked The second replacement Garmin came in yesterday or perhaps the day before. RMA created June 1 and device shipped out to them June 2–not bad turnaround.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
+8% on second full test. This was way harder than the first full and all of the practice tests. All calculation based questions correct, which makes up heavy weight of the test and getting one part wrong can lead to all downstream parts wrong. Missed parts primarly one section at this point, so I can narrow down study to 30 pages of material.

Wifey told Haley that she would take her to the pool, but forgot that her id card doesn't currently work. I have been dragged out to get them into the rec center and am currently in a corner studying. Almost. Fucking. Done.

+8% on second full test. This was way harder than the first full and all of the practice tests. All calculation based questions correct, which makes up heavy weight of the test and getting one part wrong can lead to all downstream parts wrong. Missed parts primarly one section at this point, so I can narrow down study to 30 pages of material.

Wifey told Haley that she would take her to the pool, but forgot that her id card doesn't currently work. I have been dragged out to get them into the rec center and am currently in a corner studying. Almost. Fucking. Done.
Study it now.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
EB4B5496-40B9-46AF-AD7C-45F35BA66CB9.jpeg
took the 8yo off to a week of sleepaway camp in the mountains. it was his first time at sleepaway camp and he was nervous. place was super cool-right by a river, nothing fancy, lots of animals, mountains nearby, “cabins” are basically nice solid tents, etc. his favorite part upon drop off was finding the baby goats.

it’ll be cool to hang with just the 12yo this week. gotta find some dang time to ride tho...

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Mission completed. There were 5 adults in the homeless camp on my friends property when we arrived. They had ignored the notices to vacate and they had cut the fences and torn down the private property signs again. 4 complied with no issues but one started to get an attitude and show aggression until he noticed that certain legally registered and possessed items were present on the hip which changed his mind. We firmly told them to pack up their stuff and leave or be arrested for trespass.

First pic is how it looked when we arrived, the second is all the crap that was left behind. 4 loads to the dump. I would guess that many different groups have been here over time, based on the stuff we found.

tomorrow the tractor guys will come in and disc the field to fire safe the property per local code( they will not come if the homeless are there for their own safety).

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Rode singletrack with my neighbor this morning and it was good. Then decided to stop procrastinating and started restoration of windows in one of our bedrooms. I managed to break glass, per usual, but one complete window has been stripped of paint, putty and glass, sanded and treated with 50/50 mix of turpentine and boiled linseed oil. Night time glazing sessions are starting this week.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
says its 95* here in Golden-land, but it doesn't feel that hot. Go figure
OK so I went out for an evening ride ... fvcking hell man it's still hot out there. :dead: I turned back before even getting to the top. Time for leftover ribs, some corn and a Titan

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Got in a lap at Thuper Awethum as a T-storm was brewing then headed over to the park to hike up to Wolf Rock. Used a bike light to get back down. It rained some, but it mostly never hit the ground. Hiking shoes remained dry.

junkyard

Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
I managed to get a ride in the afternoon. Stopped and picked up a almost new 5 gallon tuff jug gas can on the side of the highway. It only had scratches from its fall and....... 3 gallons of gas. I love being a scavenger. Then beer can chicken with the family and a friend. Win win win. I must have tiger blood today.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Mission completed. There were 5 adults in the homeless camp on my friends property when we arrived. They had ignored the notices to vacate and they had cut the fences and torn down the private property signs again. 4 complied with no issues but one started to get an attitude and show aggression until he noticed that certain legally registered and possessed items were present on the hip which changed his mind. We firmly told them to pack up their stuff and leave or be arrested for trespass.

First pic is how it looked when we arrived, the second is all the crap that was left behind. 4 loads to the dump. I would guess that many different groups have been here over time, based on the stuff we found.

tomorrow the tractor guys will come in and disc the field to fire safe the property per local code( they will not come if the homeless are there for their own safety).
Up here we just get a burn permit.....

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Burn season ended May 1. We are in full fire season here in CA. No open burning allowed until the rains start in late fall. but where this property is you could never get a burn permit, too close to the neighborhods
That sucks....... I can do a burn pile in my back yard....... I remember those days in CA fire seasons..... I don't miss them.