Quantcast

***Il Tuesderp GMT***

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Uber driver just was doing 55 on my neighborhood’s 30 mph road. No tip for him.

(I’m Ubering because the wife needs my Volvo. Random rock thrown from a truck shattered the passenger side sliding door window on the minivan yesterday. No injuries, although Mariko next to said window certainly didn’t like it.)

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
As someone who is the embodiment of the saying, "If I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all", Colorado/Mother Nature just granted us our going away present. The one thing that we couldn't afford to have happen just did.

Untitled by Tim Souza, on Flickr

I'll have to go inspect in a little bit to see the full extent of the damage to the (two month old) truck, but I could see at least a few dents on the fenders, hood, roof, and roof rails. All glass is intact.

Unfortunately, the camper appears to have borne the brunt of it. Both vents were blown out and water was coming into the camper. The emergency hatch appears to have had the shroud cracked, the AC shroud has some holes punched through it, but luckily the roof has no penetrations and all glass is intact.
upload_2018-6-19_7-1-58.gif
. Given our departure date of the 28th, this most undesirable...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Bike and crap is loaded in the car for a post work ride. After yesterdays rain, I am hoping that the dirt is prime with a hint of hero and a splash of loam.

But first, coffee and work. And hopefully a poop somewhere in there.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
As someone who is the embodiment of the saying, "If I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all", Colorado/Mother Nature just granted us our going away present. The one thing that we couldn't afford to have happen just did.

I'll have to go inspect in a little bit to see the full extent of the damage to the (two month old) truck, but I could see at least a few dents on the fenders, hood, roof, and roof rails. All glass is intact.

Unfortunately, the camper appears to have borne the brunt of it. Both vents were blown out and water was coming into the camper. The emergency hatch appears to have had the shroud cracked, the AC shroud has some holes punched through it, but luckily the roof has no penetrations and all glass is intact. View attachment 129231. Given our departure date of the 28th, this most undesirable...
Damn man, that's a blow to the gonads.

Hopefully minus the dents, everything is okay.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Why, just why?
Because I tolerate the fact that my wife is interested in such things, despite my decade long abanodonment of that perspective of the world.

Inspite of my apostacy, cant really get around the fact that there is some pretty impressive stuff there. The Pieta is an amazing sculpture, the Sistine Chapel would be pretty impressive if it wasn't for the goddamned crowds.

My favorite part though, was in the Sistine Chapel, teh guard, using a PA, to tell the crowds

Silencio!!!! Repectfull Silence!!!!!

Over and over again. I felt like it was a pretty good alegory on why the Catholic church fails to connect with the wider world on an everyday level.

Unfortunately, the camper appears to have borne the brunt of it. Both vents were blown out and water was coming into the camper. The emergency hatch appears to have had the shroud cracked, the AC shroud has some holes punched through it, but luckily the roof has no penetrations and all glass is intact. View attachment 129231. Given our departure date of the 28th, this most undesirable...
Shit Tim, that really sucks. :thumbsdown:

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

It's supposed to rain today. Get some tarps on that thing NOW!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

that is some fucking Kill List material if i've ever seen it

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Worked yesterday and then all last night, went to bed at 8am and seem to be awake again 2 hours later.

Sucks @Adventurous, hopefully no damage to the house to impact the sale.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Good customer call with a smart dude this morning, one of the few positive things about being in product management.
We got thunder and rain last night, no hail thank god. I am hoping for a ride this afternoon but it may be a challenging goal given my boss has scheduled a meeting from 5 to 5:45PM. :dead:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

No idea what is on tap today, but it should be a good one. Window shopping is funner when I am not broke. If things continue to go well here, I would likely not be broke for much longer. If only it were Friday...

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
fkna. feels like ive been here all day & its only 930. >.<
talking heads kinda day.
curry for lunch.
fishing after work.
yay

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Gotta love people who get to work, and within 5 minutes are on personal calls.

...says the guy using his phone to quietly post on RM, while on the clock ;)
me but i get in 5 minutes late & am already on a personal call when i sit down to open RM

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Dental exam = 4/10. Would take up meth if it meant never having to go back.

Dentist = 10/10. Probably in the top 10 most gorgeous women I’ve ever laid eyes on.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Let's face it... 80% of us would quit our jobs if we were required to *work* the whole time we were on these fucking computers. :mad:
Bob Slydell: You see, what we're actually trying to do here is, we're trying to get a feel for how people spend their day at work... so, if you would, would you walk us through a typical day, for you?

Peter Gibbons: Yeah.

Bob Slydell: Great.

Peter Gibbons: Well, I generally come in at least fifteen minutes late, ah, I use the side door - that way Lumbergh can't see me, heh heh - and, uh, after that I just sorta space out for about an hour.

Bob Porter: Da-uh? Space out?

Peter Gibbons: Yeah, I just stare at my desk; but it looks like I'm working. I do that for probably another hour after lunch, too. I'd say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work.