Quantcast

***Il Wednesday GMT***

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
All of central Montana has received a significant amount of rain, I can't think of any trail worth riding that is guaranteed be open to bikes this weekend. Helena itself is a mess due to flooding. South may be the wiser option.
Yeah I am in agreement, less new country to explore but there will be trails to ride.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Yeah I am in agreement, less new country to explore but there will be trails to ride.
I will most likely hit Muskrat Creek solo Sunday, the bottom is sandy (well drained) and the stream crossings shouldn't be too bad depending on snowmelt. Total crap shoot, could get in anywhere from 4 to 12 miles but I will pack some boots incase the snow level prevents riding.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
:shakefist::panic:

so it turns out the one weekend i get free, and that a bunch of people planned to go to snowshoe, the whole place is closed for a gncc moto race. ffffffffffuuuuuuuuuu.

scrambling for alternate plans....

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I will most likely hit Muskrat Creek solo Sunday, the bottom is sandy (well drained) and the stream crossings shouldn't be too bad depending on snowmelt. Total crap shoot, could get in anywhere from 4 to 12 miles but I will pack some boots incase the snow level prevents riding.
Go and rip it up. I will likely be south, although if the weather changes I will also change course to the north.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
It's now time to select a level of suckage for today's ride. Skinny tire road bike or a quick wheel swap on the hardtail. Locally the Missouri river has just hit flood stage and I will be riding both sides of the river, skinny tire bike has fenders and the hardtail does not...

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
It's now time to select a level of suckage for today's ride. Skinny tire road bike or a quick wheel swap on the hardtail. Locally the Missouri river has just hit flood stage and I will be riding both sides of the river, skinny tire bike has fenders and the hardtail does not...
either one of those have a motor?
I mean, non-human supplemental torque enhancer?

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
either one of those have a motor?
I mean, non-human supplemental torque enhancer?
Negative. I took the hartail without swapping wheel sets but did pump them up to 45 psi. I covered 26 miles in a little over 2 hours and saw no flooding anywhere. Flood stage turns out to be a participation trophy for rivers.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
:shakefist::panic:

so it turns out the one weekend i get free, and that a bunch of people planned to go to snowshoe, the whole place is closed for a gncc moto race. ffffffffffuuuuuuuuuu.

scrambling for alternate plans....
From where you are, mt Creek is probably only a few extra hours.