Quantcast

i'm a daisy

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i hate working Saturdays, but when you gotta pay for bikey, you gotta suck it up.
Here's a co-worker of mine, Jesus, he plays in a mariachi band with his brother. Someday i'm gonna go kick it with the Mexicans and watch him play. Ready for a hard day of work....

i gotta say the work is hard, but many times there are cool aspects of being a roofer.

Butt-crack of dawn.....

This is pretty trippy, a couple of crows that someone somehow attached beads to their legs. Curious not something you see everyday. i fed them beef jerkey they seemed to appreciated the offer enough to allow a photo.

Well here we go, new bikey.... Thanks to Dave and Lupe at Center Cycle for the help and for giving me a killer deal.

Really didn't think i'd get a ride off. Leading a BBTC ride that filled up to 11. Waking up this morning to wind and rain i figured i should at least show up in case someone straggles in late. By the time i pulled up to Black Diamond the rain has stopped, but the wind was kickin hard, i figured i was gonna turn back myself.
Welp nobody showed haha (don't blame em) after 20 minutes i decided to go the Coal Cart and shoot in and see how things turned out.

Found a new trail, speed bumps....

Well the day turned out killer, the trails were prime, and the new bikey was rockin.

i took off the slack geo/low bb shock pivot mount and replaced it the high bb one. i gotta say my complaint that i had with the old Enduro being way too low is gone. i even brought the 36 travel down to the lowest setting the whole ride and my pedal clearance was golden.

This trail is a bastard but i love it....

The bike worked perfectly even for Lake Sawyer. i rode damn near every trail for a 5 hour jaunt and even though it has capabilities of a big bike it's just light and nimble enough to not kill you on trails like Sawyer that are for the most part tight and twisty.

Somebody damn sexy must have built this new stunt.

Ran into some cool guys who tagged along with for a bit. One was nice enough to take a pic of me doing the new stunt.

i gotta say it's actually kind of a pain in the ass to clean, a little harder than the builder first envisioned i imagine.....

Well anyways ran into some dirt bikers. Bummer they wanna go in and tear the **** outta "these" trails. i suppose it was inevitable. But the Toy Stump always brightens my mood and made me forget about all the rooster chunks that littered every corner where they passed.

Toward the end of the ride i was getting pretty hashed. Still clearing stuff and not crashing, but i was getting stupid sloppy and decided to get some grub. i set out to ride all the trails i knew of, and wound up getting all the trails on west side of the highway.

Stopped to get a shot of some other trail riders at the end, turns out i had gone to high school with this guys pal. Ran into a bunch of cool people on the trail and parking lot.

Anways it was time to get some General Tso's.... A worthy reward for a healthy trail ride in the woods...

So far i'm diggin the Enduro, it passed a huge test today. Doing XC on it was a pleasure, it handled everything Sawyer has to offer, but more importantly doesn't wear you out any moreso than a 5 inch trail bike. There is much cumulative work you have to do to cover all the trails, and that's a major plus.
The climbing is great, not superb, but for a big bike it's great. The fork is stiff, the shock responsive, it's very nimble and light yet it totes the travel to have plowing capabilities, boom boom boom, glad i made the buy.

ChelanDHer

Monkey
Jan 6, 2004
Lynnwood, WA
Sounds like a great day, that's what it's all about. Back in my DH racing days I still enjoyed a long day out riding trails, that's the reason we got into the sport in the first place.

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
those enduros are double tits. my buddy has one, and im in love with it. hopefully you dont blow your dhx air like he did.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Dang, nice ride report:)

It turned out to be a good day after the wind died down...but alas I was inside with my head in the lou:rolleyes:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
gnurider1080 said:
wait, if no one showed up how the hell did you get pics of yourself?
Blurry one is a 10 second timer. What i call a Classic Cheeseball Shot, that's why it looks crappy. Put the camera on a stump, click, run like a big goof to my bike, clip in and hit it, and hope it turns out halfway decent. i actually have 2 or 3 that turned out pretty good.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Great Skooks that is a nice steed for shure:thumb: great riding also... looks like the same type of speed bumps on one of our local trails... gotta love trees:thumb:

congrats, and I am glad you found the bike you were looking for!!!

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Dude the new bikey is nice :thumb: :thumb: sorry I couldn't make it this morning, I missed out. :banghead: :banghead: being sick totally sucks especially when the day turns good....:redhot: :redhot: Well I hope the snow forcast for our ride next Sat. changes for the better and my new ride finally gets here. 2:1 is gonna be nice. I thought you said your next ride was going to be an XC ride, what gives?

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
Nice picts Skooks, depending on what time you took it, I was in the second photo this morning. Nice bike, I have heard nothing but good things about it (sans the DHX air)

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
DBR X6 RIDER said:
Nice ride, Skooks. If I didn't know better, I'd think they designed that bike for you specifically. Glad you found each other!:cool:
insert cheesy romantic music.:rofl:

evilbob said:
I thought you said your next ride was going to be an XC ride, what gives?
Yah well plans changed....

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146474

And yah it's not looking too promising for next weeks ride...:nonono:

BuddhaRoadkill said:
Far sexier than any Santa Cruz. What color is that? 12 Grain?
Why yes in fact it is.:)

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Skookum said:
Yah it there IS a birthday ride.....:) Weather depending....
Yah several Snacks unless somebody is in denial:rolleyes: Skookie dude the weather isn't looking to good right now :nonono: :mumble: :nonono: I want my 2:1! Oh and Snacks, isn't this the time of year when the Moofs come out.......:rofl: :rofl: :weee: :evil:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
evilbob said:
Yah several Snacks unless somebody is in denial:rolleyes: Skookie dude the weather isn't looking to good right now :nonono: :mumble: :nonono: I want my 2:1! Oh and Snacks, isn't this the time of year when the Moofs come out.......:rofl: :rofl: :weee: :evil:
The moofs are still hibernating.:)

The weather we get Wednesday and Thursday will play alot in any decision to cancel.:)

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Skookum said:

The weather we get Wednesday and Thursday will play alot in any decision to cancel.:)
Well if it is too much cold white stuff for this Sat. then maybe we can hit something a little closer and lower in elevation. If I get what I hope for this week then I will want to go out and break it in, get it dialed. It kind of looks like Sunday may be nicer out than Sat. Guess we won't know for sure untill the weekend is upon us. :looney: Skookum I don't know if I can ride with you if I don't have the FXR 2:1, the bike envy thing will be unbearable if I am still on the Jykell and your are on that new sled....:)

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Skookum said:

Are you two making fun of me?:mad: :p In my defence, the dog was really big and the same color as a cow:clue:

Keep me in the loop if you don't do the B day ride, I might be in. Now that I've lost 5lbs. puking from yesterday and today:dead:

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Snacks said:
Are you two making fun of me?:mad: :p In my defence, the dog was really big and the same color as a cow:clue:

Keep me in the loop if you don't do the B day ride, I might be in. Now that I've lost 5lbs. puking from yesterday and today:dead:
Making fun of you? :confused: Aaaahhh well ...... no, no, not really....:nonono: .......aaaaahahahaha :rofl: :rofl: no actualy we are making fun with you....:rolleyes: ;) ;) :evil:

BIGHIT756

Monkey
Jan 6, 2004
Maple Valley, Washington
Thats a sick bike Tim...I've been looking at that bike for a long time while wandering around the shop every day!! Nice by yourself pictures too...that is a skill all on its own!!! sweet bikes....i wish i could come hit those trails...but i'd either have to ride them on a single speed hardtail..or a 54 pound DH bike....so i dont think itd be fun!!

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
BIGHIT756 said:
but i'd either have to ride them on a single speed hardtail..or a 54 pound DH bike....so i dont think itd be fun!!
You can ride Sawyer on a SS HT, i see people out there on fully ridgid SS from time to time. It helps if you're in shape, but some of the trails are better for it than others. If you learn a good loop you don't have to climb too much, it's really mostly flat in there.... The north end (Ed's Woods, Black Bear, JLG) is pretty easy to learn, then explore the middle stuff along the creek, and close to the lake, that stuff stays drier than all the tight twisty stuff on the south end anyways.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Atomic Dog said:
A daisy? I thought you were a little teapot?

I need to get out on one of your rides this year, Skookum. I need to take my Heckler up and show it what trees look like.
i gotta show you and Boostindoubles Little Bald Mountain still. Crow Creek is a pretty bitchin lil trail too.

So much snow this year......:wonky2:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
come on people, "moof" is what dogcows say, not what they are

:nope: :D

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Toshi said:
come on people, "moof" is what dogcows say, not what they are

:nope: :D
Ok your correct with the details :cool: oh what is that I see under your sig there :clue: M :clue: O :clue: O :clue: F .......MOOF :rofl: :rofl: Snacks thought Skookum and I were making fun...... how long has that been there?