Quantcast

I'm a little out of the loop

flatulant_man

Monkey
Jun 19, 2004
Food Fondlers' Convention
my first ever dh bike will be built tomorrow, and i'm dying to ride it. as a 16 yr old kid, it was hard for me, but after 7 months i managed to by a bunch of used parts and an old frame. but i'm dumb. i know there are a bunch of trails around but i don't know how to get to any of them. i need an easy trail near boulder for me to ride this weekend. i like that stuff up the canyon northwest of boulder, any good trails for me to get my bairings on up there?

Bldr_DH

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
NO BO CO
As soon as I get home, we're going riding, Lunchbox. In the mean-time, call up Grigsby -- he's usually eager to go riding. Ugh, I absoluetly cannot wait to actually ride my bike. It's torture when you get a brand new bike, get all of the parts in with just enough time to put 'em on, then get whisked off to Japan for over a month. First priorities (not that any of you care, but I just need to vent some anticipation): Put on front brake, switch out seat/seatpost, switch out pedals, order DHX/Ti spring, sleep, so I don't get messed up while riding w/ jetlag, then go RIDE.

dream4est

Monkey
Jan 28, 2003
flatulant_man said:
my first ever dh bike will be built tomorrow, and i'm dying to ride it. as a 16 yr old kid, it was hard for me, but after 7 months i managed to by a bunch of used parts and an old frame. but i'm dumb. i know there are a bunch of trails around but i don't know how to get to any of them. i need an easy trail near boulder for me to ride this weekend. i like that stuff up the canyon northwest of boulder, any good trails for me to get my bairings on up there?
i say shuttle the south st. vrain. take left hand and turn right to jamestown. go all the way to hwy 72. go left park a car at the lower ssv trailhead (a few miles down you will see a dirt road on your right. the trailhead is a few hundred feet from 72) then drive south on 72 to brainerd lake road(right). go a few miles to the ranger/fee station. park. either take the sourdough trail south from there (1 block east of the ranger hut) and then right on ssv after 1 mile. or pedal past the ranger hut about 2-3 miles to brainerd lake. go right and look for the ssv trailhead on your right after a half mile. both ways are good rocky dh thats not steep but fun. this trail is on every boulder county map so pick one up since my directions may get you lost. ride it with dj lid and no armor since its a xc trail.