Quantcast

I'm Back! Woo hoo!

Discussion in 'Cross Country, All Mountain & Trail Riding' started by PhreakOut, May 15, 2017.

1. PhreakOut

PhreakOut Chimp

Rep/Likes:
    2 / 3

My first mountain bike was a Diamondback Ascent EX . . . I think this was 1987

Over the years I've had several mountain bikes - FS, hard tails, SS's, aluminum frames, steel frames, 26's and 29ers

I've been away from the sport for a while but I just came back - I purchased a bike last Thursday and today I rode ~9 miles in the woods (Allatoona Creek) on the new machine and it was simply blissful - I'm out of shape but I totally love this sport

Oh - I used to be a member here but I totally forgot my user name so, now I'm PhreakOut

Thanks,

PO

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Yossarian

Yossarian Monkey Pimp

Rep/Likes:
    8 / 65
    Good for you @PhreakOut . I am also just returning to the sport. How was the riding at Allatoona Creek? Most of the riding i was doing was at Blankets Creek.

3. PhreakOut

PhreakOut Chimp

Rep/Likes:
    2 / 3
    We have ridden together - that was quite a long time ago! I did a search (after I created this new account - oops) and I used to be Old Dude

Let's go riding again

Allatoona Creek is awesome - even I can get up those hills without killing myself (ha - Turtle Back and Mumbo Jumbo)

I'm off Friday through Sunday this summer - and I have a new bicycle - woo hoo!

4. PhreakOut

PhreakOut Chimp

Rep/Likes:
    2 / 3

5. PhreakOut

PhreakOut Chimp

Rep/Likes:
    2 / 3
    Took wifey with me today - again, back at Allatoona Creek

I replaced the rear derailleur hangar on my (really old) Giant XTC1, lowered the seat, cleaned the chain, and tossed on some flat pedals for her

She rode the Rusty Bucket loop three times - it's a beginners trail, and it's only a one mile loop - BUT- she did it!

She has only been mountain biking with me one time - that was many years ago and that trail was way too advanced for a first timer so, today was a total victory!

She really needs a medium frame (I ride large frame mountain bikes, 58cm road bikes) and I will be happy to buy her a bike if she sticks with it - she didn't complain or anything - slow as hell but that's to be expected

Woo hoo!

• Winner Winner x 2
  6. Yossarian

Yossarian Monkey Pimp

Rep/Likes:
    8 / 65
    Rock on @PhreakOut I couldn't get my wife on a mountain bike after one miserable experience while we were in college. After 20 years of marriage, I doubt I want to share mountain biking with her.

• Horns Horns x 1