Quantcast

I'm both glad and pissed

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
I finally went to a physio for my knee which gasn't gotten any better afetr resting it like the doc said.
So my physio did a buch of things and figures that the pain and realy nasty grinding noise is from cartilage inbetween the Tibia and Fibia has been ripped:eek: So she says i have to not train so much i already have cut back she says i should for the next few weeks (i'm figuring to the end of January)i should only train about max 4X i week for about an hour on a trainer and not doing high intesity.
Than after it's healed slowly add time on. :dead:

They still haven't figured out what the pain in the back of my knee is it maybe because the cartilage hurts all the way through.

I guess i should start swimming but i'm going to be so slow for next spring this sucks :angry:

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
don't say i didn't tell you anything about your knees.....i tried to warnnnnnn you sorry that this has happened though it sucks, big time. just be glad you can actually ride, when i ****ed up my knees i couldn't do shiet for 8 - 10 weeks.......

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Well this is Quebec the land of the crapyeist health care system. I went to doctor a long time ago who said basically just live with it and don't ride.:dead: well i don't think i'll loose any fitness if i ride 3-4X a week right?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Originally posted by JMAC
Well this is Quebec the land of the crapyeist health care system. I went to doctor a long time ago who said basically just live with it and don't ride.:dead: well i don't think i'll loose any fitness if i ride 3-4X a week right?
I have been battling my knees for the past couple of years. My best advice to you is to rest the darn things as much as possible. If you have torn cartillage and you keep stressing it, it will not heal. Try to do other exercises that do not require much from the knees. Swimming is good, I like rowing machines because it hits many different muscles and it is easy to get the heart rate up.
With the amount of races you want to do this year, if you are not healed by then you will just totally fall apart. It would be better to lose a little fitness and be healthy than to be completely sidelined by an injury.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Originally posted by Westy
I have been battling my knees for the past couple of years. My best advice to you is to rest the darn things as much as possible. If you have torn cartillage and you keep stressing it, it will not heal. Try to do other exercises that do not require much from the knees. Swimming is good, I like rowing machines because it hits many different muscles and it is easy to get the heart rate up.
With the amount of races you want to do this year, if you are not healed by then you will just totally fall apart. It would be better to lose a little fitness and be healthy than to be completely sidelined by an injury.
you're right

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Originally posted by Westy
very well said. i was worried like you were about my up coming season. i didn't exactly look at the entire grand scheme of things. the main thing you have to look at is how young we are and how much more time we have to race. dude we've got a LOT of time. don't rush things, they'll come. 3-4 times a week doesn't sound to bad but i would give it some rest, like off the bike completely for a few weeks......don't worry so much about this year, seriously, once you get recovered well enough by say like end of january and have the chance to start training lightly you can train to get in shape to smoke it up by the fall. another thing you have to look at is if you do get to race late spring/early summer just use them as training.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Ya your absolutly right you see guys like Jaurez and some other guy i'm trying to think of that are in their 40s still racing and i'm like 15.